• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Perch and Toy Websites

Budgie33

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Laura
Hello!

I absolutely love Things For Wings toys, but they don't have that big of a variety of natural wood perches. Does anyone know where I can find more natural wood perches for a reasonable price? Where do you like to shop for toys (Besides Things For Wings)?

Thank you!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]

I mostly make my own or buy from Seriously Nutz :)

Budgie33

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Laura

I mostly make my own or buy from Seriously Nutz :)
Thank you!

AussieBird

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB
You're welcome! Not to toot my own horn but I specialize in toys for smaller birds ;) I'm US based.
Hey, go ahead and do it! All AA vendors are awsome! But i do need an Aussie vendor...

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
I buy branches from seriously Nutz and make my own because I can never decide what I need at time of order.

WikiWaz

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Signe
I make my own too. It's waaaay cheaper. I used this video. Just make sure the wood you use is bird safe.

FeatheredM

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
Elle's avian essential kit has all the toys and perches you'll ever need chosen by her, it seems at first it's very epensice, but when you brake it up it's suprisingly cheap, you can watch her video on YouTube where there's a coupon and she shows all that's in it to you

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Elle's avian essential kit has all the toys and perches you'll ever need chosen by her, it seems at first it's very epensice, but when you brake it up it's suprisingly cheap, you can watch her video on YouTube where there's a coupon and she shows all that's in it to you
It may have a lot in it, but it's not all "you'll ever need". Perches and toys get chewed (which is good) and dirty and need to be replaced. It can be a good starting place but should not be expected to be the only toy/perch purchase you will ever need.

FeatheredM

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
Did you check it out?

FeatheredM

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
It's actually 300$, but she lowers the price and of course everything usually has to be replaced, but they last long long time, I think it's a good option because she really knows her products and has had experience with them, and perches don't have to be thrown away often. It has enough perches for them to be switched out twice, and she has pretty distructive birbs.

AussieBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB
I think it's a good option because she really knows her products and has had experience with them
I think Mizzley knows her products well too, as she makes bird toys.
I would choose AA vendors every time when it comes to bird toys and supplies.

FeatheredM

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
I didn't know she was a vendor, it took me a while to figure out what that word meant. I've just been watching Elle's YouTube channel since a long time and she is very caring as well as mizzely. Of course though I think handmade perches by AA vendors are the best, they put so much work into them

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I don't make a lot of perches, a few, and those do last a while, but the toys I make are meant to be destroyed because that's what's fun! :)

$235 was the price on her website.

FeatheredM

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
I know, but if you read closely it says that the stuff is worth over 300 us dollars. Which is why I think it's pretty sweet. I bet you make awesome perches by the way

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Each bird is so different... I actually just binned 7 of Burt’s perches and replaced them with 7 newbies and I still need a few more new ones, we are just waiting for the new hardware so I can cut and make them.

Burt goes through stages where he ruins his perches which happens in less than a day with most purchased natural perches which are usually too small for him anyway even though I buy the largest available.

I would most certainly choose and recommend our vendors over any of the bird associated YouTubers suggested supplies and bird toys- I can guarantee if I bought from the youtubers (I sadly did a few times before I knew better) I’d end up wasting my money and I can guarantee if I bought from our vendors I’d be very satisfied with what was purchased- our vendors don’t just say they know birds and push anything for a few dollars... our vendors have very high standards and really do know birds and their needs well and they’ll work with the owners wants and descriptions of their birds habits/behaviours to make and provide superior bird products.
I wish the exchange rate and shipping for me weren’t so high, if they were less then I’d only buy from our vendors!

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
It's actually 300$, but she lowers the price and of course everything usually has to be replaced, but they last long long time, I think it's a good option because she really knows her products and has had experience with them, and perches don't have to be thrown away often. It has enough perches for them to be switched out twice, and she has pretty distructive birbs.
There is a big difference between that box and the vendors being recommended in this thread. The Avenue vendors make there own products. The box uses products available in supply chain stores that are manufactured in China.