• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pepper is gone

NK_717

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
I got these email responses (same person) both to my Lost ad for Pepper and the Found ad for the bird we are currently holding till owner is found

Pepper:
Pepper is fine ,she has now learned to live off the land eating blackberries and organic bugs. Don’t worry Pepper is flying high and is happy let her be…

Found bird:
Please release this cockatiel back into the open air where she will fly back to her owners if she wants to you!
You have no right to keep abducting this beautiful bird let her go!

It is so, so frustrating to know someone thinks this is the right thing to do. No, I am not going to release a defenseless, few months old cockatiel out to be attacked by crows like before.
'tiels can't even live off blackberries

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
There are some real loons out there and they think their version of reality is the only one there is. I had some guy post on Lurches lost Facebook page that he was probably a hawk snack. He never posted another comment and everyone else was pretty upset about it. I'm sorry you have to deal with the fruitcakes to try and get her back. :bluhug:

metalstitcher

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

❤ Rosette ❤

Meeting neighbors
Obviously this person has no idea what they're talking about. An animal domesticated from birth will definitely have a rough time in the wild, a non-native species especially. :shifty:

Keeping you and Pepper in my prayers.
:sadhug2:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I got these email responses (same person) both to my Lost ad for Pepper and the Found ad for the bird we are currently holding till owner is found

Pepper:
Pepper is fine ,she has now learned to live off the land eating blackberries and organic bugs. Don’t worry Pepper is flying high and is happy let her be…

Found bird:
Please release this cockatiel back into the open air where she will fly back to her owners if she wants to you!

You have no right to keep abducting this beautiful bird let her go!

It is so, so frustrating to know someone thinks this is the right thing to do. No, I am not going to release a defenseless, few months old cockatiel out to be attacked by crows like before.
'tiels can't even live off blackberries

When Koopa escaped, I was told, "Good, you are a terrible person for keeping a bird in a cage, I am glad she got free. Even if she died, she had a better life for 5 minutes than a lifetime with you."

That was within the first week, so I was already pretty raw :(

❤ Rosette ❤

Meeting neighbors

When Koopa escaped, I was told, "Good, you are a terrible person for keeping a bird in a cage, I am glad she got free. Even if she died, she had a better life for 5 minutes than a lifetime with you."

That was within the first week, so I was already pretty raw :(

Eugh. Makes my blood boil to hear such bitter and mean words, coming from someone so ignorant about birds.
Escaped birds don't joyously soar into the sunset, reveling in their freedom. No, they are scared and spooked and really confused. They long for their people but aren't sure how to get back home.
Pardon my hostility, but what complete and utter morons these people are.

ode.to.parrots

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Cary
Why do people go so out of their way just to be mean? Like - why would anyone take the time and energy to be a jerk? Especially when they have no freaking idea what they are talking about!

I know their words are hurtful, but try to forget it. No body needs that kind of negative energy when you're already stressed and worried about your missing beloved bird.

StarrySkies

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Elle
Was the tiel you found a pearl pied? Because i know someone who lost a baby pearl pied.

NK_717

Avenue Veteran
Pepper has not been found still, and the tiel we found isn't a pearl pied. I'm so sorry to hear the baby is lost :sad1:

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
I'm hoping with you :)

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran