• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pepper is gone

NK_717

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Yet another tiel who looks like Pepper.. Im not very sure though because of lighting.
FEMALE COCKATIEL - general for sale - by owner
@Monica this bird looks to have a much lighter colored head.. Pepper had more grey (Pepper pics below)
20161214_105311.jpg 20161214_105237.jpg 20161215_145306.jpg
These pics were taken December 2016
Is it likely for her to have molted the grey feathers around the cheek area?? or for them to lighten? If not this Craigslist bird seems to be too light on those markings
(not even sure if it is even pied...seller only gave pics like in ad of it fluffed up and with the off lighting)

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
I've checked and rechecked. I don't think it's Pepper. :sad8:

I'm basing this off of the fact that Pepper is more "heavily pearled" than the cockatiel in the ad, and the fact that Pepper has pied (clear) flights, which I cannot see any in the bird in the ad.

There is one picture of Pepper that almost makes it appear as if she doesn't have any pied flights, but I can just barely make one out, hiding beneath a grey flight.

It doesn't hurt to check to be sure, honestly! :sadhug2:

NK_717

Avenue Veteran
The bird's face just looks too different..smaller eyes?? maybe..different beak color too
I have a feeling it isn't her either. I'm hoping to go a bit further outside our search range to post fliers sometime this week..get the word out about her again.

NK_717

Avenue Veteran
Someone just contacted saying there's been a 'tiel up in a tree, contact calling back and forth with her 'tiel
She is too high up for the person to climb and retrieve her, they have left food out and everything.

They think it looks "just like Pikachu" (who is a lutino) but with a speckled back. Hard to tell because of how high up
this is only 27 minutes away..I wonder if it could be her? The person will try playing Pikachu's whistling until I can see if I can go meet her.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Someone just contacted saying there's been a 'tiel up in a tree, contact calling back and forth with her 'tiel
She is too high up for the person to climb and retrieve her, they have left food out and everything.

They think it looks "just like Pikachu" (who is a lutino) but with a speckled back. Hard to tell because of how high up
this is only 27 minutes away..I wonder if it could be her? The person will try playing Pikachu's whistling until I can see if I can go meet her.
:fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hope this time that it's Pepper!

TheOddFlock

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Melissa
I hope it's her.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Sending prayers that it's her!

NK_717

Avenue Veteran
we weren't able to go yesterday due to car stuff, and the person says she didnt see the tiel show up again last night
she's going to watch for it and hopefully it'll come back,, maybe for a picture too

it's so hard to know if it could be Pepper with how long she's been gone, and without a pic

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Oh, I hope you can figure out if this is Pepper soon, Even if it's just for peace of mind! Don't give up hope, she could still be out there somewhere!

NK_717

Avenue Veteran
It has been atleast 144 days since the last sure sighting now :(
We've caught and cared for that one tiel and still seek her owners..then we saved a bearded dragon from being ran over and reunited him.

Just waiting for someone to bring Pepper back to me

ode.to.parrots

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Cary
I'm so sorry Pepper is not home yet... You have certainly been collecting good karma. It is only a matter of time, right? I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
So sorry your lil one is still missing ...sending hugs to you ...I know how you feel ...Its been 63 days since Rhaegar's last sighting and it breaks my heart ...:sadhug2::sadhug2::sadhug2::sadhug2::sadhug2:

Alien J

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Janet Rush Van Eyck
Just read this incredible thread. @Faolan I am so truly sorry for all you have been going through since Pepper got out. I know I would be a basket case if my little TD were missing. I hope with all my heart that you and your Pepper are reunited soon.

What I found so incredible is the people of this forum. So many people taking the time to reach out to another in their time of crisis. I'm new here, and I must say, BIRD PEOPLE RULE!!!