• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Penny's New Adventure...

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Glad she is okay! That must have been quite a scare indeed:)

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
I did not wan t to move her...There was no blood & she just was still. I thought it best to watch as it was about 3AM.

Worse thing was next day was Thursday & her vet is not in Thurs Fri so I had to try to decide who I would take her too.

I have no car & public transport does not run after midnight so it would have to be in the morning..:bash:

Anyway watched & cursed that cricket, that stupid cricket & my trying to get it that could have injured my sweet girl.

:omg:

I was deep in the dumps in terror...Did not even post anything...Just was tired myelf so when she was sitting on a perch for an hour or so I went to bed. Its not her sleep perch though so I guess she was afraid or hurt to move. I figured the best thing is immobility anyway & luckily she was her usual self int the morning!!!! Been a week so that was a close one...too close!

:faint:

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
She's such a beauty!!!

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Sometimes it so cute.. When I sleep in I come into the living room..its pandemonium...applause & quite a reception I feel so loved!!! They both are singing & whistling overjoyed at my presence. Gosh. all the adulation & cheering from my sweet feathered babies warms my heart!!!

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Fun Fun Fun! :joyful: love it!

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
They really for the most part ignore each other with no communication between them but I am sure they give each other company. Still if Rio is being a bad boy & I'm trying to do something with him...Penny will tell him to STEP UP!!!! Its so cute &Penny is SO smart!!! Really love her & can't imagine not having her!:joyful:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
So when Penny is out she doesn't go over to Rio's cage or vice versa?

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
No for the most part Penny stays on her cage top & sides & I encourage that. If she flies its to come to me!!! She has no interest in Rio good or bad...luckily!!!!They really have no interest & basically ignore each other.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
No for the most part Penny stays on her cage top & sides & I encourage that. If she flies its to come to me!!! She has no interest in Rio good or bad...luckily!!!!They really have no interest & basically ignore each other.

You are lucky with that. Some of mine like to wander off and bother the other birds.

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Penny & Rio took a bath today. We've been doing pretty good. I had my chemo port surgically removed Wed & my chest/ shoulder has been stiff & in discomfort but its getting better. Thansk to Tylenol...

Sang a song to Penny today...Well its not either of our birthdays but its was just something that happened after a good salmon dinner (Penny enjoyed) & some pink champagne...

Sweet Louise

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
I hope healing is coming your way, how could it not with attending doctors Penny and Rio.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Video not available.
Great that you had the port removed.

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Yeah, the incision is finally feeling not too bad....uuughhh!!!

How about this vid...

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Happy Belated Birthday Penny!!!

22 years old April 6th.

I was in Australia & came home 4/8 night to find a white 1 1/4 inch long by 1/8 inch wide tubular mass protruding from her vent area...HORROR...Turned out it was a long mass of dried urates! Phew....thought I might have lost her...

Got to get a new vid when I recover from the 24 hr plus trip & hardly any sleep in 3 days...

Penny got her beak trimmed which was getting really long & pointy. Her nails too...She's looking good!!!