• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Penny Video

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
I should take more vids but have been so despondent with life & Moms death. Dad was found laying down with hyperthermia in early July & was in the hospital. He just went to a age home with dementia. Dolly Moms cat was likely lost or set free at the farm when Dad was found outside laying down. He had hypothermia a month ago & it took him a while to recover. He's walking better & a bit less confused but still it was determined he could no longer safely live alone.
Now I am upset at the uncertain condition of my moms cat that was in his care. Nothing I can do but to hope that if it was abandoned by the person taking care of Mom & Dad which is what was told to me by a neighbor. It may have been a misunderstanding on his part but if its true I hope that he faces judgment someday. I need to monitor the care of my father which I really can do little for least until Covid gets out of the picture. This person always seemed trustworthy so I'm thinking the cat escaped when Dad was outside & left the door open & can only hope it makes it OK or does not suffer. Maybe I should not divulge this as I am not certain what happened but when I asked about the cat the question was never answered. Sometimes for my sake of sanity I rather just not know.

Today I washed my hair & have this peppermint scalp conditioner in. Got some chicken breast in the oven as Penny & I love a bit of chicken.

Been making my own black beans spicy mix to put in tortillas & with the Trader Joes Tzaki yogurt cuke dip they are so good & healthy too.

Penny & I were conversing as I was prepping in kitchen so I just had to stop & take a vid of some of her sweet sounds on a good day.

Hmmmm smell that chicken....

Hope you enjoy.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
I :heart: Penny!

So sorry about your dad .i didn’t realize. This has been a rough year or two for you.

:sadhug2:

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
What a special, sweet girl :xflove: She’s a bright spot in your days, I’m sure!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sorry for what you have been going through. Hope things start to improve. It's good that you have Penny and Rio to help make your days better.

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Sorry for what you have been going through. Hope things start to improve. It's good that you have Penny and Rio to help make your days better.
My family in Australia & my once hoped life there is fading away & nothing left but the problems. At the crux of it is my realization I too will be getting to the point where I can't care for myself & the birds maybe sooner than I had anticipated & I have nothing saved or planned for those times.
It scares me.

As for the birds...Sometimes they can help & at times can add to my misery. Mostly we try to coexist. It's likely my problem not the birds as I am not being able to cope well with stress & the extra work & noise like demands can grate on the nerves sometimes. They are for the most part very good birds & at times although I wish I had none I know I would find it just as hard without them & maybe worse.

The world right now bears heavy upon all of us too with all its restrictions & problems. Guess, it has been a relief to have gotten my shots but they say those are only good 6 to up to 8 months & now there are strange breakout for even those vaccinated. The vaccine is not 100% fool proof but they do say it can lessen severe symptoms if you still catch it. We're all not out of it yet.

Hoping for better times for all of us.

Thanks

Last edited:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hopefully things will get better. You're a strong person and you are doing well with everything you have gone through the past few years.

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
I was strong but now I am struggling. Day by day is my mantra...hopefully it will get better. Thanks

Jogging around the block
I'm so sorry about your mom and dad, hoping life can get better for you soon
Penny is adorable! Those little sounds melt my heart!

Just-passn-thru

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
Give Penny some out time...
When she was with me for almost a year she enjoyed a free flight time to release the cronic screaming that you have a issue with....
Just saying.

Po

Just-passn-thru

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
I do understand that you are afraid of allowing her to interact with you on a physical level.

time spent with
your birds spent with me, they enjoyed the free flight time, that also relived the cooped up frustration.
There for reliving the conic screaming that you are having a difficult way to get over

E