• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Penny Scared Me Sleeping Laying Down!

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Penny has been sleeping on her flagstone platform practically since the day she got it.

This morning I awoke to see her sprawled on it laying down. She did not get up when I bid her goodmorning
well she usually takes a few minutes to get off her bed but this was heart pounding. Her eyes were open & she gave me a few quiet chirps. I tried to be calm but was wondering if I was going to have to scoop her up & into a carrier & take her to the vet.

Took her a few minutes but she got up the lazy bones!!!!

Gosh I guess she was really enjoying the cool flagstone...me not so much!!!!

:omg::faint:
:nervous:

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Penny has been sleeping on her flagstone platform practically since the day she got it.

This morning I awoke to see her sprawled on it laying down. She did not get up when I bid her goodmorning
well she usually takes a few minutes to get off her bed but this was heart pounding. Her eyes were open & she gave me a few quiet chirps. I tried to be calm but was wondering if I was going to have to scoop her up & into a carrier & take her to the vet.

Does get your adrenaline going right away, doesn't it? Had that happen when I took some birds in for a "well check-up". Someone peeked in one of the carriers and the birds was asleep on the bottom - she was afraid to say anything in case the bird was dead (wasn't). When she mentioned it to me I'd said it was okay because that particular bird did that before and had already scared the proverbial caca out of me before.

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
That would scare me too!

WendyN

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
Glad she is OK!
She must be feeling very much at home.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
:scared4:.
I'm ok now. Silly Penny.

Sweet Louise

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
Glad she is ok (well better than ok, she is all that and beautiful too).

BirdManDan

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Dan

Well that's one way to wake up! Billie one of our Black Headed Caiques scared us the first time we saw him laying down in his tent, we thought he climbed in to die quietly! When I reached in to pull him out and he jumped up flying out of his tent I think I had my second fright that morning!
billie tent.jpg

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That would have scared me, too.

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
This morning she was sleeping sitting up...I don't care if they want to lay down flat on there bellies but when she did not get up right away I was thinking the worst & she had just been to the vet 2 days before.

Her first owner checked out her vids & says she can tell Penny is happy & content & she is so happy I have her! She said she was so traumatized to learn Penny had a new home but she was relieved after we spoke.