• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Penny Laid An Egg!!!! Scary

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
She's not a good mama...She ate her egg...:eek:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
She's not a good mama...She ate her egg...:eek:
Waste not, want not ;)
I find it interesting that when we feed our birds eggshells we grind them to powder for safety... but some birds do eat eggshells and they have no way to grind the shell... :chin:

Sodapop&Co.

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Waste not, want not ;)
I find it interesting that when we feed our birds eggshells we grind them to powder for safety... but some birds do eat eggshells and they have no way to grind the shell... :chin:
Chickens peck at broken shells repeatedly to get little pieces off.

webchirp

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Oooh I don't like eggs I tell ya...

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
I left it as you are supposed to leave them but for a few days she had no interest in it. Then I saw it pecked. Now I can't find it so something happened to it as .it did not walk or fly away.:rofl:

I'm a bit grossed as don;t eggs go bad not kept cool? What about salmonella? Oh well...I guess if they don;t try to hatch it in 2 or 3 days its safe to remove??? Hope there is no next time though,,,

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Well she did it again.

I did not see it first thing in the morning but I could have missed it, Still when I was briging my coffee to the desk I passed & a egg was on the cage floor.

That is #2 about 2 weeks apart...Glad she is passing them

I think with her stay at JPT it will change her environment & hopefully get her re programmed &out of egg mode...

I took the papers off the cage floor as she was shredding & sort of nesty with them. I took out her love perch today. A big shell calcium lick that she rubs her vent on...Maybe it will help a bit...

:angel1: :angel6:

Sodapop&Co.

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Well she did it again.

I did not see it first thing in the morning but I could have missed it, Still when I was briging my coffee to the desk I passed & a egg was on the cage floor.

That is #2 about 2 weeks apart...Glad she is passing them

I think with her stay at JPT it will change her environment & hopefully get her re programmed &out of egg mode...

I took the papers off the cage floor as she was shredding & sort of nesty with them. I took out her love perch today. A big shell calcium lick that she rubs her vent on...Maybe it will help a bit...

:angel1: :angel6:
Wishing her and you lots of luck. I know how scary it can be to have laying birds.

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine

Penny & Rio are set up with @Just-passn-thru & I know they are in loving care.
JPU is a lovely person & her pink too's are so angelic. Really sweet well behaved birds.

Well, still alot to prep here & to get ready for my flight down under & try to be safe.

Mom is excited...

Oldie but goody photo...we both are older. I have to take more recent photos. I think I fear seeing them as I realize how time has gone by & its hard to come to grip sometimes...

momnme3.JPG

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Take videos.

I have some great memories of my mom by asking for stories.

There's so many more I should have gotten.....when she met my dad, their first kiss, the times that I annoyed her as a toddler....

I do love the one where she borrowed my tap shoes and did a quick ball change step (in her 90's and on oxygen).

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Great to hear Penny and Rio are settled in at the Major Mitchell resort!
I hope all goes well with your travel and you have a lovely time catching up with your parents.

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
I finally have a good phone that will take vids. I bought a SD card so I plan to do that. Vids use so much data...1 min in almost 150MB.

Casa Major Mitchell..They are the chillest too's I have ever seen. So sweet! They did a fly by around the house like in the video. They are such a soft pink & you can tell they are in peak health...Amazing Too;s

Well, back to getting ready,,,

I think this time my phone will take a AU sim & I'll have wifi...I hope that goes as planned as last time I had to go to the library to use the wifi.

I think she may have taken some photos but I was a serious mess after my marathon get the birds & there stuff ready & I mean I worked hard...I looked like I walked thru a hurricane...

Oh well...I did the best I could...

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
A few weeks turned into 8 months. I finally got a plane flight back from Australia & got Penny & Rio back 2 days ago.

The exhile was traumatic though I was at my Moms house it was full of all sorts of stress.

I'm glad Penny did not lay any eggs in my absence. Maybe she thinks of me as her mate?

She did a regurgitate love the other night.

Hoping no more eggs as she was egg less for least 20 years so its never been a problem..

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Did not take many photos. Did get a grapefruit tree for mom & plant it. She loves grapefruit. Will be years before its mature but it gave her pleasure to have it.

Here she is. I took her into yard to get some sun while she watched it grow.

Very fond memory.
Mom Grapefruit 104284662_10222641703059648_202937286868633174_o.jpg

Sort of sad to see her so old but shes 91.