• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Penny Does Not Like Earthquakes!!!

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Penny does NOT like earthquakes...

Hope everyone was OK during the 7/4 & the aftershocks...

We had 2 big ones...scary but no damage but Penny had a bad reaction.

.7/4 really shook her up. she did not move for hours...Had me worried she got hurt as I was not with her when it happened so I did not see if she was thrashing but there were 5 or 6 feathers dropped so I was in a panic that she hurt herself. Did not dare touch her as its best not too until you know what happened. I did not know what to do on the Holiday but watch her. I was a agonizing about 2 hours but she came she came out of it & was fine.

The 2nd one a few nights later was not as bad but I was right by the cage & I put my hands on the cage & held on reassuring her it was OK & I hoped it would be...So she was shook up but not like the first time.

Rio...don't think he cared...LOL

Yoshi&Raphi

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Raphi
Penny does NOT like earthquakes...

Hope everyone was OK during the 7/4 & the aftershocks...

We had 2 big ones...scary but no damage but Penny had a bad reaction.

.7/4 really shook her up. she did not move for hours...Had me worried she got hurt as I was not with her when it happened so I did not see if she was thrashing but there were 5 or 6 feathers dropped so I was in a panic that she hurt herself. Did not dare touch her as its best not too until you know what happened. I did not know what to do on the Holiday but watch her. I was a agonizing about 2 hours but she came she came out of it & was fine.

The 2nd one a few nights later was not as bad but I was right by the cage & I put my hands on the cage & held on reassuring her it was OK & I hoped it would be...So she was shook up but not like the first time.

Rio...don't think he cared...LOL
Aww poor girl! Rio :rofl:

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Poor Penny. :sadhug2: Where is she from? I thought she was from California & that she might be more accustomed to them like Rio.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Oh poor Penny. Glad everything is ok :)

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
So sorry about Penny's reaction. One would think she had felt earthquakes before, but that was a big one and if you don't live on the ground floor the shaking and rolling is worse. If she lived in a single family home and was located on the first floor or there was only one floor she probably didn't feel it as much. My birds who are located downstairs don't react as much as the ones who are upstairs.