• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pellets

flockof.4

Meeting neighbors
Hi. I posted here a while ago about which pellets people recommended and I finally found a pellet that they eat! And they eat it willingly which they didn’t before!

They like the Zupreem fruit blend. My question is, should they be eating the natural pellets over the fruit blend? Should they be getting a mix of the two? Zupreem also has a veggie blend that I was contemplating getting as well but I don’t want to throw too many new things at them. I’m not sure if they’d eat the natural pellets. I know they should eat pellets over seed so I want to know if the fruit blend is okay over the natural blend or if they should be eating the natural blend instead?

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
If they'll eat the natural, that's better because they don't need the dyes. I've also found that once they eat the natural they are more willing to eat other boring looking pellets :lol:

To can mix if you want, no harm in it. My Jardine's is on fruity and won't eat the Veggie for some reason!

flockof.4

Meeting neighbors
If they'll eat the natural, that's better because they don't need the dyes. I've also found that once they eat the natural they are more willing to eat other boring looking pellets :lol:

To can mix if you want, no harm in it. My Jardine's is on fruity and won't eat the Veggie for some reason!
Good to know! Yeah I also give them Roudybush and they seem to avoid it :lol: We had gotten like two or three different types of pellets to try and they seem to favor the fruit over the others because they didn’t eat the Higgins InTune fruit pellets.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Yeah Ripley has given a hard pass to the inTune also. I haven't tried Zupreem Natural yet - I tried the nut and veggie and both were vetoes so I'm giving it a bit longer :lol:

clarousel

Rollerblading along the road
My budgie eats the Zupreem Natural pellets :) was worried about switching from seed to pellets but one day he just went for it. The fruity ones do look tempting though!