• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pellets

Ceren

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Ceren
Hello,
I have a 7-month-old male budgie. I've been feeding him with seeds for 5 months and he is not a fan of fruits and vegetables. That's why, I want to try pellets. However, there is limited pellet production in Turkey so I have only 2 options.
The first one is Psittacus Micro Formula and the second one is Versele Laga Nutribird.
Most people find Psittacus so dusty and small. On the other hand, Nutribird is coloured and I am not sure if a qualified brand like Versele Laga can sell harmful pellets for birds.
Which one should I buy?

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I am not familiar with either pellet. Do you have more of a variety on offer through online purchases than through stores there?

If these really are the only two pellets available to you then maybe you could get a list of their ingredients for the members here to look at for you.

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
Psittacus Maintenance Micro:

Composition
Products and by-products of cereal grains, vegetable oils, dried brewer’s yeast, minerals, dried alfalfa, dried whole egg, products and by-products of tubers and roots, products and by-products of oil seeds and fruit, inulin (0.05%)

Additives
Mixture of flavouring compounds, African marigold extract (contains yucca extract 0.015%) / Sepiolite / Tocopherol-rich extracts of natural origin, palmityl-6-ascorbic acid / Compounds of trace elements (ferrous chelate, cupric chelate, manganese chelate, zinc chelate; calcium iodate anhydrous and hydroxy-analogue of selenomethionine) / Vitamins, provitamins and chemically well-defined substances having similar effects (A, D3, E, C, K, B1, B2, B6, B12, Pantothenic acid, Niacin, Folic acid, Biotin, Choline chloride, B-carotene, Betaine anhydrous)

Analytical constituents
Moisture 9.0 %, Crude protein 16.0 %, Crude oils and fats 7,5 %, Crude fibres 2,7 %, Crude ash 3,9 %

The Nutribird is available in several different formulations. I'd need a little more info to track it down.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
If it were me, I'd buy both and see which one my bird eats! But if that's not an option, then unsweetened and undyed is preferable in general

tka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Versele Laga sell a version of Nutribird P15 that is undyed. It's harder to track down but does exist. I'm currently feeding a mix of undyed P15 and Roudybush to Leia.