• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pellet hater

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
All she does is pick a pellet up lick it a little then throw it down...
I just read back and this caught my imagination. She doesn't like them dry so maybe give her the opportunity to dunk them in some water? Try with water right next to the pellets. You never know.

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
I have to change the water bowls frequently from them dunking/dropping their pellets in them. Makes for some colorful water.
Soup, Ma! They slaved all day over a tepid water bowl, just to have you toss it out.

mybluebirb

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Mk
I just read back and this caught my imagination. She doesn't like them dry so maybe give her the opportunity to dunk them in some water? Try with water right next to the pellets. You never know.
Thanks! I’ll be sure to try that

Rain Bow

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Some species of fids like certain types of pellets more then others. Budgies & Teils seem more drawn to Tops brand which are an excellent pellet in my opinion. I got them in April (I think) & I'm still trying to get my Zon to eat them. Sizes of pellets are important too.

His next endeavour will probably be Harrison's. Higher fats content, he'll be more likely to try because of the peanuts & sunflower in them. I so wish he liked the Tops! He's had a basically fresh & sprouted diet since april. Try, try & try again. Persistance & patience us all we can do. Remember though variety is the spice of life. More ingredients in a fresh dish is more vitamins & minerals in their nutritional pool so to speak.

mybluebirb

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Mk
Some species of fids like certain types of pellets more then others. Budgies & Teils seem more drawn to Tops brand which are an excellent pellet in my opinion. I got them in April (I think) & I'm still trying to get my Zon to eat them. Sizes of pellets are important too.

His next endeavour will probably be Harrison's. Higher fats content, he'll be more likely to try because of the peanuts & sunflower in them. I so wish he liked the Tops! He's had a basically fresh & sprouted diet since april. Try, try & try again. Persistance & patience us all we can do. Remember though variety is the spice of life. More ingredients in a fresh dish is more vitamins & minerals in their nutritional pool so to speak.
Yep! Thanks for the advice!