• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Peep Is Talking!

bubblelady

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Maureen
Peep was sitting on my shoulder chatting away, when I noticed a repetitive pattern with a different vocal quality and listened more closely. He is saying "Baby" and "Baby Peep", two of the phrases is say most frequently. He is the first male talker I have had since my very first budgies, 62 years ago. All my other talkers have been hens. I'm thrilled beyond words! :heart:

BirdWorld

Rollerblading along the road
How sweet! :heart: :D

bubblelady

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Maureen
Today Peep is vibrating when I say "his words" while he is snuggling against my cheek
:heart:.
AND, he actually ate some carrot. Didn't just nibble it. And refused his typical breakfast but was running around, peeping, clearly wanting something. When my food for the day bag came I got out the salad and he dug right in. He ate some chard, then accepted his typical food. He nibbled some broccoli but didn't really eat it. Going to have to revisit the foods he has refused in the past 18 months.

BlkForestK

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
K
Oh what a precious little baby!! ♡ Please tell Peep he's a handsome and clever bird!!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Such a sweet birdie. :)

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran