• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

PEEEEEEPS!

Xoetix

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
They've gotten so big. They're still incredibly skittish, which is a bit of a pain in the butt - one of them managed to get a piece of string around her foot, and I'm sure if there were video of me trying to catch her it would be wildly comical :rolleyes: one of the black ones is getting braver though, he (I think "he" because the comb is twice the size of everyone else's) comes to investigate every time I come in the coop.

AussieBird

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB
They've gotten so big. They're still incredibly skittish, which is a bit of a pain in the butt - one of them managed to get a piece of string around her foot, and I'm sure if there were video of me trying to catch her it would be wildly comical :rolleyes: one of the black ones is getting braver though, he (I think "he" because the comb is twice the size of everyone else's) comes to investigate every time I come in the coop.
I thought the black ones were Sex links? It is literally not possible to be a boy unless they lie/mixed up about what they were.

Xoetix

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
I thought the black ones were Sex links? It is literally not possible to be a boy unless they lie/mixed up about what they were.
Two were sex links and two were black marans - but I can't tell the difference :roflmao: one of the black ones is the one that died, so now there's three. I guess it must be one of the marans? It has the most beautiful copper striping across the breast.

AussieBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB
Two were sex links and two were black marans - but I can't tell the difference :roflmao: one of the black ones is the one that died, so now there's three. I guess it must be one of the marans? It has the most beautiful copper striping across the breast.
Forgot there was marans :facepalm:
The one I see pictured earlier with feathered legs is a marans :)

AussieBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB
I'm glad you know what you're looking at :roflmao: I'm over here just like "yay chickens!"
I know basics, I'd never even heard of the other breed you got (the one I barely remember what it is called and have no intentions of trying to spell :roflmao:).