• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pedi-Perches

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

clarousel

Rollerblading along the road
Lapis and Nube have that one :lol:
I saw it and was like "wow! I really like this colour.... wait... maybe not..." :wacky:

I generally like those shades of pink but blue looked a lot more acceptable haha.

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I prefer the green colour, looks really nice, but the blue is ok. Sydney had blue twice (I have replaced his pedi perch once in his life - i keep the washers though, they are great! used one to fix a broken bar on a fight cage, I should really update that thread..)

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
The Sweet Feet and Beak are kind of annoying because they only fit either vertical or horizontal bars. You can choose which you want, but if your cage has mixed bars or you have multiple cages, it can make it frustrating to not be able to use it more than one location.
Also, I have the mini for my lovebird and linnies and the small (and mini) for my black capped conure. Since conures can vary greatly in size, I'd suggest a small for green cheeks as well but probably the medium for suns and up. I originally bought a medium and gave it to a friend with a Timneh AG.

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
I also dislike the gross mauve color, it's like..... A nondescript yuck color.

RainbowFlo

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Estella
Thanks for this Zara! :) Quick question, are the cement ones better than the pumice or is it the other way round?

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
When I adopted Elvis I was told his favorite perch was a pedi perch. I had never had one before, but of course, got one for Elvis. He does love it. So I now have 2 for him. I think sometimes people mix them up with the sandpaper perches which I don't like- too hard on bird's feet. But I am now a pedi perch convert.

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
The Sweet Feet and Beak are kind of annoying because they only fit either vertical or horizontal bars. You can choose which you want, but if your cage has mixed bars or you have multiple cages, it can make it frustrating to not be able to use it more than one location.
I did not know that, I thought they could be used anywhere, I haven´t seen the option to choose horizontal or vertical.

They seem to be covered in a fine granulated walnut shell.
Do they have a smooth edge?

I think sometimes people mix them up with the sandpaper perches which I don't like
I think so too, I think many hear that and think of any pedicure perch, and naturally the sand ones spring to mind because they were the ones used for soo long in the past.

Quick question, are the cement ones better than the pumice or is it the other way round?
I haven´t used pumice, mine are cement :)

I also dislike the gross mauve color, it's like..... A nondescript yuck color.
I agree, they could have done an orange colour if they wanted a third ¨non gender¨ colour.

Monaco

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly Hill
I don't know if it was just in the ether, but Monaco started staying on hers for a long time after I posted in this thread. She then started long massage sessions on her beak. I'm glad, because she seemed to be able to sooth the soreness after the recent fall. That pretty shiny beak isn't so shiny now, but she sure enjoys the sensation.
IMG_20200715_170246.jpg

Mantis64

I don't know if it was just in the ether, but Monaco started staying on hers for a long time after I posted in this thread. She then started long massage sessions on her beak. I'm glad, because she seemed to be able to sooth the soreness after the recent fall. That pretty shiny beak isn't so shiny now, but she sure enjoys the sensation.
View attachment 346798
Awwwww

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
View attachment 346798
Such a good Girl. Coconut oil can make it shine again :)

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Nerd had a yellow one he loved to roost and sit on once settled for the night. It was passed on to Lurch and he loved it just as well for the same use, now it's Dobbys and he alternates between it and a empty food cup ring by the front of his house. He's the first one that actually runs around on it enough to grind down his nails. Nerd was very active but once he was on it he was done till time to come out, and Lurch was similar. I'd have to catch a toe through the bars to nip off the worst ones every so often. They all loved sharpening and cleaning their beaks on it and Dobby takes great joy making sure it's ready for anything.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Also, I have the mini for my lovebird and linnies and the small (and mini) for my black capped conure. Since conures can vary greatly in size, I'd suggest a small for green cheeks as well but probably the medium for suns and up. I originally bought a medium and gave it to a friend with a Timneh AG.
Or in the case of the one I bought I did not get a choice nor did they mention it on the site :(

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
Or in the case of the one I bought I did not get a choice nor did they mention it on the site :(
Oh I didn't realize they don't offer an option anymore. That's annoying.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Oh I didn't realize they don't offer an option anymore. That's annoying.
They possibly do depending on the store. The store I got mine from gave no warning or choice- I got the perch and realized I had no choice of where I wanted to use it as the only bars I can put it on are on the door of the cage, I wanted to use it near the water bowl but the bars go the wrong way :(

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I was also sold by @Zara, picked up a couple smalls. They seem to be a hit so far!
Mimi certainly gives her seal of approval.. :angel3:
View attachment 346843
Mini is happy because now she got a pedicure!:heart: She wants to know when she gets a complete spa day full of pampering followed by good food like eggs.:lol: