• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Peaches has passed away

rosebud3

Meeting neighbors
Oh sweetie, I'm so sorry please don't blame yourself, as everyone has said this happens and it's not your fault. I had my first B&G macaw last year named Boo, and I had wanted one since I was a kid, my fiance and oldest bought her for me for Christmas last year. She was a rescue and only 21 years old. They got her from the same store we always get our birds from and she was a surrender. The owner of the bird store took her in to get checked out and she appeared fine. Three days after I got her home she fell to the bottom of her cage seizing. Fiance gave her mouth to mouth and chest compressions and kept her alive right until we were to the corner of the vet's office and she died in my arms. I couldn't afford the necrotopsy (is that right?) Bird autopsy but they said most likely based on the history of her she had a heart attack. Basically they told me that once we got her home and she got comfortable she relaxed and that was that. In other words she felt so comfortable she knew she could let go. That helped and didn't all at the same time. I was lucky I have such a great relationship with Ms. Dawn at the bird store that she gave us another rescue she had that fell in love with my fiance. She hated me so Ms. Dawn also put me in touch with another B&G owner who was thinking of re homing hers due to having a baby stupid reason if you ask me, but hey I got my Wendy from it. So I ended up with two new feather babies. So please relax and know that she knew that you loved her and you did nothing wrong. I'll send a little prayer up to Boo and Sprite and ask them to show Peaches around.
Im sorry for your loss. It's amazing you were able to come out of it with two new babies. :heart2:

Outstrech

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Erica
Don't blame yourself. With COVID and everything...it can be hard to go to the vet. I can't imagine what it's like to go through that, and I'm really sorry for your loss.:darkcloud:

AzKhaleesi

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Heather
Im sorry for your loss. It's amazing you were able to come out of it with two new babies. :heart2:
Thank you :) yes we are definitely blessed. Still miss all our babies every day, but I know they're flying up there watching out.