• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Peaches has passed away

rosebud3

Meeting neighbors
That's all they said? I would think they would be much more concerned. Are they going to reimburse you?
No, they will not reimburse us. They also said that she was a sweet baby and they were sorry to hear that, and mentioned that it may have been teflon, but I am extremely careful about non-sticks and really only use cast-iron and steel.

Lunar

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Serena
I'm so sorry for your loss
RIP Peaches
Please don't blame yourself.
she was loved and cared for till her final moments <3

:sadhug2: :sorrow:

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
A long time ago I had a 18 week old tiel pass away. She was sick over a couple of days and the vet couldn’t really do anything. She progressed so fast it was heartbreaking. They said it was most likely something internal going on. They told me that usually happens when a bird is younger, but can also happen when they are a bit older too, so it was probably nothing you did that caused your sweetie to pass. Did you contact a vet about a necropsy?

rosebud3

Meeting neighbors
A long time ago I had a 18 week old tiel pass away. She was sick over a couple of days and the vet couldn’t really do anything. She progressed so fast it was heartbreaking. They said it was most likely something internal going on. They told me that usually happens when a bird is younger, but can also happen when they are a bit older too, so it was probably nothing you did that caused your sweetie to pass. Did you contact a vet about a necropsy?
My vet was very kind and told us that they do not perform necropsies on birds as small as cockatiels, and that it is very hard to find someone who will perform one on such a small bird.

Aves

Rollerblading along the road
I'm sorry for your loss.. :sadhug2: :sorrow:
It's not your fault..
Fly high little one..
Fly high and free..

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry

Kile

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Kile
Hello everyone. I am writing this balling my eyes out, peaches has passed away. This morning i woke up to her cage quiet, so I assumed she was sleeping in. It was too quiet to I took off her cage cover and she way lying at the bottom of her cage. I knew she was dead when I saw her little body. She is currently wrapped up in a blanket in a little basket. I have no clue how she passed. Yesterday I noticed her droppings looking a bit different and her wings e very tiny bit droopy, barely noticable. We were planning on taking her for her first checkup this week. I feel so stupid for not taking her earlier and i feel like its my fault she died. I only had her for 18 days but i loved her so much. She was so sweet from the day i got her. I saw her grow from a tiny baby for three months. She never even got to grow her feathers out and fly like a normal bird. I was so proud of her because she actuallyy had a few new feathers growing in. It tears me apart that she died alone in her cage. My room is just too quiet. Also, I dont exactly know how to find out how she died, do i take her to an avian veteranarian? Also, im sorry for the typos, my hands are pretty shaky.
I'm very sorry for your loss :( I understand how you feel and if you need to talk I am here

In a situation like this where the cause of the passing is unknown, I would suggest asking your veterinarian to do a necropsy. You could learn what happened to her and maybe it could help with future birds to prevent something similar happening in the future. It could have been something in the air or maybe an internal issue that the bird had been hiding.

Sending you love and blessings and I hope you feel much better soon :heart: your angel is resting peacefully in heaven. I would give you a big hug if I were able :sadhug:

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
I'm so sorry...

tjc

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Tammy
I’m so so sorry for your baby passing. It sounds like you were a loving bird mama. Sending big hugs.
:sadhug2:

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I am sorry to hear of your loss :sorrow:

budgieluv3

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Bear (It's a nickname)
I am so sorry. Pm me if you ever need to talk. Losing a pet is so devastating.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
I am so sorry.

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
I'm so sorry for your loss :sorrow:

Love Birds

Meeting neighbors
Hello everyone. I am writing this balling my eyes out, peaches has passed away. This morning i woke up to her cage quiet, so I assumed she was sleeping in. It was too quiet to I took off her cage cover and she way lying at the bottom of her cage. I knew she was dead when I saw her little body. She is currently wrapped up in a blanket in a little basket. I have no clue how she passed. Yesterday I noticed her droppings looking a bit different and her wings e very tiny bit droopy, barely noticable. We were planning on taking her for her first checkup this week. I feel so stupid for not taking her earlier and i feel like its my fault she died. I only had her for 18 days but i loved her so much. She was so sweet from the day i got her. I saw her grow from a tiny baby for three months. She never even got to grow her feathers out and fly like a normal bird. I was so proud of her because she actuallyy had a few new feathers growing in. It tears me apart that she died alone in her cage. My room is just too quiet. Also, I dont exactly know how to find out how she died, do i take her to an avian veteranarian? Also, im sorry for the typos, my hands are pretty shaky.
Very sorry for your loss. I lost my English budgie yesterday, and I've been bawling my eyes out, too. At least Peaches died in your home and with familiar surroundings. I was watching a video about a year ago that some woman with a lot of birds made. She mentioned that although it is so sad when a bird passes, we can often learn from it, i.e., accidents that can happen, how we should have been responsive sooner to certain signs, how we fed our bird the wrong food, and the list goes on. Learning these things won't bring back our bird, but it supplies us with extra knowledge that might help us in the future with new birds we might get. One thing we should all do when we get a new bird is to take it to an avian vet and get it checked out ASAP. Also, we can do a lot for the birds we currently have by just giving them adequate size cages, keeping their cages clean, cleaning and refilling their food and water dishes daily, feeding them a healthy diet, letting them out of their cages daily, giving them plenty of love and attention, and giving them toys to play with. We are their caretakers, and they are depending on us. I believe birds feel the love we have for them, so rest assured that Peaches knew you loved her. I had a necropsy done before on one of the birds I had that died years ago. I found out it had heart disease, and I began wondering if I had let it out of its cage often enough and if I had fed it enough vegetables. Sometimes our birds die, and it's not from anything we have really done wrong.

rosebud3

Meeting neighbors
Very sorry for your loss. I lost my English budgie yesterday, and I've been bawling my eyes out, too. At least Peaches died in your home and with familiar surroundings. I was watching a video about a year ago that some woman with a lot of birds made. She mentioned that although it is so sad when a bird passes, we can often learn from it, i.e., accidents that can happen, how we should have been responsive sooner to certain signs, how we fed our bird the wrong food, and the list goes on. Learning these things won't bring back our bird, but it supplies us with extra knowledge that might help us in the future with new birds we might get. One thing we should all do when we get a new bird is to take it to an avian vet and get it checked out ASAP. Also, we can do a lot for the birds we currently have by just giving them adequate size cages, keeping their cages clean, cleaning and refilling their food and water dishes daily, feeding them a healthy diet, letting them out of their cages daily, giving them plenty of love and attention, and giving them toys to play with. We are their caretakers, and they are depending on us. I believe birds feel the love we have for them, so rest assured that Peaches knew you loved her. I had a necropsy done before on one of the birds I had that died years ago. I found out it had heart disease, and I began wondering if I had let it out of its cage often enough and if I had fed it enough vegetables. Sometimes our birds die, and it's not from anything we have really done wrong.
Thank you for that. I am sorry for your loss as well.

AzKhaleesi

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Heather
Oh sweetie, I'm so sorry please don't blame yourself, as everyone has said this happens and it's not your fault. I had my first B&G macaw last year named Boo, and I had wanted one since I was a kid, my fiance and oldest bought her for me for Christmas last year. She was a rescue and only 21 years old. They got her from the same store we always get our birds from and she was a surrender. The owner of the bird store took her in to get checked out and she appeared fine. Three days after I got her home she fell to the bottom of her cage seizing. Fiance gave her mouth to mouth and chest compressions and kept her alive right until we were to the corner of the vet's office and she died in my arms. I couldn't afford the necrotopsy (is that right?) Bird autopsy but they said most likely based on the history of her she had a heart attack. Basically they told me that once we got her home and she got comfortable she relaxed and that was that. In other words she felt so comfortable she knew she could let go. That helped and didn't all at the same time. I was lucky I have such a great relationship with Ms. Dawn at the bird store that she gave us another rescue she had that fell in love with my fiance. She hated me so Ms. Dawn also put me in touch with another B&G owner who was thinking of re homing hers due to having a baby stupid reason if you ask me, but hey I got my Wendy from it. So I ended up with two new feather babies. So please relax and know that she knew that you loved her and you did nothing wrong. I'll send a little prayer up to Boo and Sprite and ask them to show Peaches around.