• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Peach faced Bug!

Beasley

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Maggie Beasley
somebirdy’s looking a bit red in the face today :embarassed:
14D3A136-F1C7-4B5A-B2A0-876CB6363C36.jpeg E870998C-0670-470C-B912-D8A810ABC3D9.jpeg 408BFF40-CDC4-468F-B2C9-64BAC3526510.jpeg
He’s very proud of his ingenuity (red toy)

F0910C87-2D90-4163-9FFB-D3A42834280A.jpeg
He would have fooled me if he hadn’t only gotten the one side :heart:

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
Birdie make up!!! Lol

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Awwww I LOVE this little guy!!! Look how well he´s grown, such a little beauty :loveshower:

Beasley

Real Name
Maggie Beasley
Awwww I LOVE this little guy!!! Look how well he´s grown, such a little beauty :loveshower:
:xflove: I’m so proud of him! He is a handsome little angel :heart: right now he has pin feathers just about his eyes and at certain angles it looks like he has eyebrows :roflmao: It seems like he just got all his feathers opened, can he be molting already?

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Maybe... or they are still growing in. Moult is around 6 months but can start as early as 4 or 5months.

What is he like? Does he like to play, what food does he like?

Beasley

Real Name
Maggie Beasley
Oh, I think he’s still quite a bit too young then.

I just love his personality, he’s silly and sweet and a little bit weird lol If I’m sitting down and he wants to get off my shoulder he just sticks his legs out behind him like a penguin and slides down into my lap. He actually reminds me a lot of a penguin, the way they tumble when running but just keep running until they’ve scrambled back onto their feet again. He’s a clumsy little baby but in flight he’s amazing, he can make turns and hover in a way you’d never expect if you’d ever seen him on his feet :lol: most of the time he sticks his landing too! And he’s doing great at learning his recall.

He’s a very snuggly sweetheart who has the loudest beak grinding in the flock haha I can always hear when Bug is happy :heart: between playing, eating, and rambling around he is happiest snuggled up against me, grinding away. Katie taught him to attack the tissue when I’m cleaning up poos so that’s a very fun game for him. He also loves his toys, especially anything shreddable. Pretty much everything I buy for the Parrotlets he likes. The red block he dyed his face with is the first wood chew toy I’ve seen him play with.

All day he has a good seed mix and zupreem pellets. He has chop in the mornings which he eats well if there’s enough quinoa in it; today was mixed peppers, zucchini, mixed beans, and quinoa. He struggles to hull safflower and can’t get buckwheat yet, so the seed mix I try to supplement well. I’d love to sprout but I’m nervous about doing it right. He also gets nutriberries which he is very good at tearing up :) like a good bird, he loves making a big mess.

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I think he’s still quite a bit too young then.
Yea, sounds like they are the first feathers still coming in :)

Bug sounds quite the character! I just love how different all birds are, so learning about each one is such an eye opener :) So great that his flight skills are strong, I wonder why he´s so clumsy though.
Nice to hear he´s enjoying playing with toys... and giving himself a makeover :lol:

Don´t be nervous about sprouting. It´s not that complicated. Start with something easy, do a table spoon of mung beans for 2 days. I first started sprouting using a sieve over a bowl before I bought a sprouting lid for my mason jar. I´m sure you can manage it :) I don´t make them when I´m ill or with a cold so that I can smell them to make sure they don´t smell weird.

That video is painfully cute!!!!!!!! Shows he trusts you a lot :) :loveshower:

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
@Beasley we sprout all the time :) like Zara said it isnt too bad. First time feels a little intimidating.

How has it been going for you? Did you try it?

Beasley

Real Name
Maggie Beasley
@Beasley we sprout all the time :) like Zara said it isnt too bad. First time feels a little intimidating.

How has it been going for you? Did you try it?
I’m still too nervous! I tried with seeds but they got all slimy and gross, I must be doing something wrong...

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
I’m still too nervous! I tried with seeds but they got all slimy and gross, I must be doing something wrong...
Well this is what I do. Compare it to your system, maybe it will help :)

Tools: Mason Jar, PolyMesh (like fly screen material), rubber band, small holding dish (I use a terracotta deep dish which fit my mason jar perfectly), sprout mix

1.) Place desired amount of sprout in jar, normally enough for a few days so not too much depending on your flock.
2.) Place mesh over top and secure with a strong rubber band (the one from broccoli bunches works great!)
3.) Fill jar with water and allow to sit for 1-3 hours
4.)Tip jar over and dump water
5.) Rinse 3-5 additional times dumping all water, shaking a bit between rinses
6.)Place drained jar upside down in dish that suits, leave it upside down always. There should be an air gap between the bottom of the mesh and the dish. The idea is to prevent the sprouts from sitting in water.

1.1) Before use, rinse and shake and rinse
2.1) Serve desired amount of sprouts
3.1) Replace mesh lid
4.1) Return upside down to you holding dish

If the sprouts are getting a bit rambunctious I place them in the fridge to slow growth, but still rinse between serving.

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge