• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Peace and Happy are gone....

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
Ok I've been trying to figure out how I was going to say this. Several weeks ago, Nick received a manila envelope in his mailbox, with Indiana postmark on it. It was sealed and taped like somebody wanted to make sure no one would open it.
There was no letter enclosed, nothing to say who sent it. He called me asking what I thought. He knows no one in Indiana. I didn't know what to think. He opened it carefully with a single edge razor blade.
What he found was shocking, a sandwich size baggie, with 2 blood dried microchips, wrapped in layers of gauze. WT¿¿?? He was sickened instantly as I was. He put everything back in envelope, and called the post office. They told him to call the police. He had to be to work in less than 45 minutes. He took the envelope with him. The veterinarian he works for has microchip scanner. Dr.------- scanned the chips. They were Peace and Happy's microchips. He called me at lunchtime to tell me. I sat out on my deck bawling my eyes after hearing the news. I still can not believe it. I'm sickened by this horrible cruelty. We have no way to find out what happened. Were they euthanized, killed by some horrible accident. We will never know. He did turn it over to the postmaster General. It's being investigated.
So please go love on your babies, feathered or not. Tell them how much they mean to you and your life. Peace and Happy I'm so sorry, I wish that I could have done more to save you from whatever your lives were after you left.
I loved you both. I miss you both

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Laurie - Just remember that they are in a place now where no one can hurt them. They are through with the cruelty that this world gave them. Think of them flying high and free from illness and cruelty and having a fine old. time. I'll bet they have met Hank by now and he can show them around.

KimKim

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
OMG, this is horrible :crycry: who would do such a thing? And then send it to Nick?? Im so sorry, I hope they can get something off the envelope.

Nikomania

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I'm speechless. I don't understand this in any shape or form.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Omg how horrible. What kind of person could do something like that. I’m so sorry for the trauma that they endured in their life and I’m also so sorry that Nick had such a shocking and traumatic parcel sent to him.
:sadhug2::sadhug2::sadhug2:

Poor Peace and Happy can finally have some peace and happiness at the rainbow bridge where no awful heartless humans can harm them or stuff them around anymore.

I am so very sorry this happened Laurie.
Hugs to both you and Nick.

BeanieofJustice

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Steph
I am at a complete loss... What a horrific thing for someone to do. That was beyond words cruel to have done to people they knew cared about Happy and Peace. I am so sorry, I hope their passing was peaceful, and that they’re beyond pain and fear now.
Fly high, Peace and Happy.
Hugs to you and to Nick. :sadhug2:

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
Laurie - Just remember that they are in a place now where no one can hurt them. They are through with the cruelty that this world gave them. Think of them flying high and free from illness and cruelty and having a fine old. time. I'll bet they have met Hank by now and he can show them around.
I know that they are filling the heavens with their squawking.

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh god...oh my god...
I can't even process this. How could someone, anyone, do something like that? Knowing that Nick loved them, and sending that to him...

I'm so sorry, Laurie. I'm so so sorry.

Peace and Happy are free now. Free of pain, free of suffering, free of fear, flying whole and strong through lush forests with all our loved and lost. They'll never know cruelty again.

All my love to you and Nick. :sadhug:

Goodbye, beautiful darlings. :sorrow:

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
OH MAN, I'm so sorry, and what a horrible thing to send you with no explanation at all. I hope they find out who sent it and the rest of the story though I'm not sure any of us want to know :sadhug: