• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Peace and Happy are gone....

Nancy B

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
There are absolutely scarey people in this world, there truly are people here who are pure evil. Have you heard anything else about this?:(

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
No Nick has heard a thing

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
I know that policy at the clinic that I volunteered at, if there was a bird that was rehomed that had chip. The chip was cleared and new owners name, and info was on before that bird left. And when Peace and Happy were supposedly for sale from MI, the person who had them found Nick`s phone number after a scan. And you can changed a chips info via internet from your computer or phone. You don't have to be vet to change the info one site.

I have been thinking about this.... I just recently had to double check my younger dogs chip details......turns out they had not been altered from the breeders details (even though we both did the paperwork at the time of hand over and I paid the fee to register her in my name three years ago) so I tried to update the information online (address change phone number etc) so I could be contacted in the event my dog got out at anytime but you can not just go in and alter the details on the registry even if you have all the chip information unless you are actually the registered owner at the time on their records. I had to contact the breeder (apparently so did the registry place via the details they had for my dog to make sure the person they had on record was the person they dealt with as they will not take a third parties word of who the last owner was and they must use the last registered owners details from their system) and have him fill the form in again to say he had indeed sold the dog to me and was happy for the details to be updated into my name. Lucky he is a friend of mine or he actually could have legally claimed the dog back or made things rather difficult for me.

I am rather surprised the vet clinic over there scanned the birds chips and gave Nicks personal contact information out to whoever the person was who contacted him.

Here the vet clinics are not able to change any details on the chip and are not allowed to give chip details out if you take a lost pet into them they will scan and contact the owner but will not give anyone the details that are on the chip...they may only access the registered owners details for contact and general pet information such as age, name and breed. There are seriously strict rules the vet clinics must follow in regards to dealing with chip info.

Makes me wonder if you guys have a completely different type of system in place with absolutely no personal security through registration of the chips or if it was indeed a vet who did all that happened to Peace and Happy and Nick.

Either way it is awful and must be such a torment for all involved.

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
There are some things that happened that I was not allowed to speak about. One of them is the fact that the clinic that Dr Tony supposedly went to in California, had never heard of him. Dr Barb did some researching and found him working some lab in avian medicine on university in California. Long after the clinic closed, I ran into one of their clients that use to bring her mini macaw to the clinic as well as her Angora cat to be boarded at the clinic. I didn't recognize her at first, but she came up me asking about Dr. Barb. I no longer speak to my cousin, because I was ripped off for Sweet Pea's last visit. I was double charged by Dr Jon (her son). Wiped out my barter account that had had $500.00 in it.
Anywho, this lady told me, that right before Dr Tony left, he still had the clinic's I-pad with all the clients names and phone numbers on it. This I-Pad policy was put into place after too many people were dumping birds on the clinic, very sick hurt birds. The clinic quit taking anybody that was not listed on I-pads. They were sent to AER (animal emergency room). She said that Tony called her ,telling her that Dr Barb was ripping people off for boarding animals, that animals were not being cared for by "qualified" people. That was he final dig at the volunteers before he left. Dr Barb had no problems with us volunteers doing cage cleaning, feeding the animals, walking those that needed a walk. We were not allowed to give meds.
He didn't like those of us that had barter accounts or were family members getting discounted care for our pets. He didn't own any part of the business and when give responsibilities, he did crappy job of it. He hired some very low life, unscrupulous people that stole equipment and surgical packs from the clinic. They want a paycheck but were "butt sitters". The volunteers did more work then they ever did.
I know that when Fast Freddie was left at the clinic after his owner's death, he had micro chip before the owner's death and that Nick paid the fees to have his name changed to Freddie's owner. It was done in the clinic.
I haven't spoke to my cousin since her tirade aimed at me. I have spoken to her estranged husband briefly, he said that losing the clinic the way she did put her over the edge of insanity and sanity.

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
Nick will not be getting Peace and Happy's microchips back. He received a letter saying that they are BIO HAZARD issue. There was no useable finger prints or fibers contained within the packaging or on it.
We will go to his mom's grave some time after the first of the year. We are going to say our goodbyes then. I'm going make up some of their favorite toys; rainsticks and forging treats. We will box them and bury them to say goodbye.
Peace and Happy fly high over the bridge, play with all those there that we love and miss. We miss you both.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Fly free and proud at the Bridge, Peace and Happy...with wings Forever High.

I deeply apologize to you guys for stupid humans...

GoDucks

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Jamie
Please forgive me for not quite understanding this post- did somebody do something to the birds, or were they sending you the microchips to give you some closure? Either way it was a brutal and terrible way for you to find out and I am so sorry for your loss.

Poundkitty

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Nicole
Ok I've been trying to figure out how I was going to say this. Several weeks ago, Nick received a manila envelope in his mailbox, with Indiana postmark on it. It was sealed and taped like somebody wanted to make sure no one would open it.
There was no letter enclosed, nothing to say who sent it. He called me asking what I thought. He knows no one in Indiana. I didn't know what to think. He opened it carefully with a single edge razor blade.
What he found was shocking, a sandwich size baggie, with 2 blood dried microchips, wrapped in layers of gauze. WT¿¿?? He was sickened instantly as I was. He put everything back in envelope, and called the post office. They told him to call the police. He had to be to work in less than 45 minutes. He took the envelope with him. The veterinarian he works for has microchip scanner. Dr.------- scanned the chips. They were Peace and Happy's microchips. He called me at lunchtime to tell me. I sat out on my deck bawling my eyes after hearing the news. I still can not believe it. I'm sickened by this horrible cruelty. We have no way to find out what happened. Were they euthanized, killed by some horrible accident. We will never know. He did turn it over to the postmaster General. It's being investigated.
So please go love on your babies, feathered or not. Tell them how much they mean to you and your life. Peace and Happy I'm so sorry, I wish that I could have done more to save you from whatever your lives were after you left.
I loved you both. I miss you both
My hat off to you; in spite of the horrible circumstance you took immediate action to pursue this heinous act. Animals would never be this cruel and the person who sent it will pay the price somehow for their actions!