• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Peace and Happy are gone....

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
I really don't know what to say. :(
But my heart is really really hoping that they send Nick the microchips in a good way, but not understanding that the message could be the opposite.

I'm so sorry Laurie. :bighug: ♥♥♥

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Just beyond my comprehension how someone could do this. I can't imagine how horrifying for Nick to get those results and I'm so sorry for your sadness. So very sorry.

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
I just don’t understand how or why anyone could do this. Why send you those? What kind of awful human being does this.

I’m so sorry, I hope you and your husband are able to find some peace- and hopefully this POS(s) are caught.
:sorrow:
Nick is my friend

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Ok I've been trying to figure out how I was going to say this. Several weeks ago, Nick received a manila envelope in his mailbox, with Indiana postmark on it. It was sealed and taped like somebody wanted to make sure no one would open it.
There was no letter enclosed, nothing to say who sent it. He called me asking what I thought. He knows no one in Indiana. I didn't know what to think. He opened it carefully with a single edge razor blade.
What he found was shocking, a sandwich size baggie, with 2 blood dried microchips, wrapped in layers of gauze. WT¿¿?? He was sickened instantly as I was. He put everything back in envelope, and called the post office. They told him to call the police. He had to be to work in less than 45 minutes. He took the envelope with him. The veterinarian he works for has microchip scanner. Dr.------- scanned the chips. They were Peace and Happy's microchips. He called me at lunchtime to tell me. I sat out on my deck bawling my eyes after hearing the news. I still can not believe it. I'm sickened by this horrible cruelty. We have no way to find out what happened. Were they euthanized, killed by some horrible accident. We will never know. He did turn it over to the postmaster General. It's being investigated.
So please go love on your babies, feathered or not. Tell them how much they mean to you and your life. Peace and Happy I'm so sorry, I wish that I could have done more to save you from whatever your lives were after you left.
I loved you both. I miss you both

wow....! That's just horrific. I'm lost for words.
That's just sad.

taxidermynerd

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
Oh my god. I am so sorry. This makes my soul want to scream. I cannot imagine what kind of sick, twisted, such-and-such would do this.

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
I'm so sorry for your loss :sorrow: What a horribly weird thing to do!! I'm so sorry you found out this way. I hope something results from the investigation :sad4:

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I just can not understand why some one would send them to him like that without an explanation or any information. There really are some weird and awful people out there.

Yoshi&Raphi

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Raphi
My head is so full of questions, what did they mean by that? Was it a miscommunication and they were trying to give you closure, was it a threat?, was it a twisted way of saying they killed them?

I hope the police find who sent this and I’m so sorry for your loss. :(

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
Nick wants to quit school to become a vet because of this. I told him to slow down, think about that some more. He is just disgruntled by this whole thing.

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
My head is so full of questions, what did they mean by that? Was it a miscommunication and they were trying to give you closure, was it a threat?, was it a twisted way of saying they killed them?

I hope the police find who sent this and I’m so sorry for your loss. :(
both of us have been asking alot of questions too. What kind of sicko would mail biohazard to you just causally?

Tiel Feathers

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I didn’t want to open this thread because of the title, but it is even worse than I had imagined! WTF?! Those poor birds.:sad1:What did they ever do to deserve the life they have had?:sad2: I am so shocked, I’m at a complete loss for words. I can only imagine how you and Nick feel.:sad8: I hope you get some answers soon. Agh, unbelievable!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I´m so sorry Laurie. How awfully sad and strange.
I hope you are able to get some answers from the PO.

Sending my love and support to you both ❤❤

Ankou

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Sondra
I'm so sorry for both of you. What a strange and terrible thing. :sadhug2:

Whatever on earth happened, you and Nick absolutely cannot blame yourselves for... whatever it is that happened. You both had no part in that confusing, horrible, bag and however it came to be. Neither of you could even guess something like that could come to pass, no sane person would even think it! I hope the person responsible can be found, if it were cruelty and not some really bizarre and inappropriate way of informing Nick about a tragic accident they are able to be brought to justice.

Wings high little ones, let them carry you well beyond to a place where there is no more pain or fear. :sad1: