• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Patronus. Stop being so happy all the time please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artagiel

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Haley
He is the happiest bird ever. He sings, louder than I have ever heard a tiel sing, all the dang time.

He sings to his toys.

He sings to my daughter.

He sings to the TV.

He sings to his bowl.

He sings to Nicto.

He sings to my interacting with anyone.

He sings to the air.

Yeah, I get it buddy. You are overjoyed with life. Could you just turn it down a notch? I can't hear myself think anymore!:lol:

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
awwwwwwww that is wondeful...and they sure are loud...I have one here that sings to the air and WOW..ear splitting.

Vegemite

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Lynne
He loves life but I do getcha. I have one tiel and when he wants to, he can over-sing a squawking quaker and screaming IRN. LOL
Seriously, it is soooooo good to read that he is so happy in his home with you

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Try havin 13 of the happy little featherballs.......sheesh.:D

Chanticleer

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Lindsey
Ahaha that is adorable. My little Chanti is like that (perhaps not as bad :p ), but he is only 3 months old, so I worry how loud he will be when he gets older!

I don't mind the noise at all, but I don't know if I can speak for my neighbors, as I live in a 4-family flat. :hehe:

Last edited:

Meatball

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Awww, he sounds like such a happy little guy!!

I will never understand how people say Tiel's make good apartment birds, they are from quiet birds:huh:

HollyT

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Holly
Awww, he sounds like such a happy little guy!!

I will never understand how people say Tiel's make good apartment birds, they are from quiet birds:huh:
I agree I was always cringing when my cockatiels got going. My neighbors were so great about it. They never had an issue with it. They didn't think they were loud. It's a shrill scream!

Mrcrowley

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Jim
Everytime I walk indoor to house my son's teil picacho whistles for me . Me and him carry on for like 10 minues I love it and it never bothers me . Happy birds Happy Jim

Artagiel

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Haley
Haha. At least Patronus sings during the day. Nicto will occasionally bust out a tune in the night. Out of the 4 of them though, Patronus has the most volume! Elvis is very vocal but he is a quiet little love.

Maybe Elvis can teach Patronus to use an indoor voice? ha!

TwoTinyTrees

Avenue Veteran
Love tiel singing! :swoon:

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
I have a rainforest CD I deliberately put on the player to encourage the cockatiels to sing all at the same time. The sound of the pounding rain and the calling of the rainforest birds always sets them off. I play it once a day and especially when I am in the birdroom working. I just love the cockatiel song. Have you ever noticed it changes year to year, depending on what the cocks heard through the past year since mating. I did an experiment one year and started playing wild bird song to the cocks in January and by March when they were at their peak song, they had included all the North American wild bird songs I had played for them and worked those songs into their basic cockatiel/human sounds songs.

Wonderful!

Status
Not open for further replies.