• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Paso Fino

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarmieJo

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Carmie
I thought you might like to hear an update on my horseback riding. After the wreck with a drunk driver that left me on crutches my physical therapist recommended therapeutic horseback riding. I'd ridden a lot as a teen but not much after college. Last spring I finally got into a program and really enjoyed it. Here's an old thread http://forums.avianavenue.com/aa-corral/35601-barrel-racing.html. The riding has helped enough that this Spring I am strong enough that I am volunteering leading horses in the therapeutic classes!

And, I am leasing a Paso Fino mare! I've been asking for a pony ever since I've been five years old! Macey is not really mine but I think of her as my horse, you know what I mean? Here are a few pictures.

Look how pretty she is! :heart:

This is really overexposed but you can see an example of her gait in this photo.

She is absolutely the smoothest horse I have ever rode!

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
She looks wonderful, Carmie. Congrats! Even the bad luck of an accident can have a profoundly good influence on our life. Never ceases to amaze me.

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Gotta love those gaited horses!! I am so happy you are having fun and have a horse to love and spoil:)

CarmieJo

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Carmie
She looks wonderful, Carmie. Congrats! Even the bad luck of an accident can have a profoundly good influence on our life. Never ceases to amaze me.
Lois, I have always figured that you can let something like the accident I was in dominate your life or you can say that this is the hand I've been dealt, keep your chin up, paste a grin on and get on with it!
Gotta love those gaited horses!! I am so happy you are having fun and have a horse to love and spoil:)
I'd ridden other gaited horses but she is absolutely the smoothest horse I've ever been on. My son saw me hugging her neck and now he calls me the horse whisperer. LOL

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
She is a pretty little girl:) She looks very sweet too!

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
very very pretty..glad you are doing so well too!

Archiesmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
Ohhh, I adore Paso Finos! I can't see the pictures here, but I will definitely take a peek when I get home tonight. Congratulations on leasing your mare, she sounds adorable!

MarleysMom

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Debbie
After a bad car accident (broken back, pelvis ribs and more) I was band from riding horses for a while but I would still walk them up and down the dirt road as part of my therapy. I had to learn to walk again myself first. I know a horse is such good therapy, even though they're such large animals they seem to be aware that you need them.:heart: Glad that you have the opportunity to work with them.

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
Your both BEAUTIFUL!!! Congrats!

Ginger

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
She's so beautiful, Carmie! How wonderful to have her to help you heal. She must do wonders for your soul as well. :hug8:

CarmieJo

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Carmie
After a bad car accident (broken back, pelvis ribs and more) I was band from riding horses for a while but I would still walk them up and down the dirt road as part of my therapy. I had to learn to walk again myself first. I know a horse is such good therapy, even though they're such large animals they seem to be aware that you need them.:heart: Glad that you have the opportunity to work with them.
I am working with Macey teaching her to allow me to throw my arm over her shoulders and lean on her to walk. She is only about 14.2 so it works pretty well. I figure if I ever come off and can't get back on for some reason I'll need to have her help me back to the barn because I don't carry my crutches with me.

She's so beautiful, Carmie! How wonderful to have her to help you heal. She must do wonders for your soul as well. :hug8:
Tanya told me "The outside of a horse is good for the inside of the man." It's absolutely true.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
That is awesome! I am so jealous. She is beautiful. Thanks for the pics and video.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.