• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pascal

Monaco

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly Hill
I think he likes you and his new house!

reffek94

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
I posted this on the wrong thread the other day haha he was enjoying his food! He also ate an aloe leaf and really liked that! It was kind of gross to watch because he had goo dripping off his beak as he ate it.. then he was flinging it all around his cage and play stand and the walls

Attachments

Monaco

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly Hill
I was folding clothes and he just flew onto my hand!

Whenever I open his cage he hops out and comes as close as he can while staying on the cage. Now he likes it when I kiss his beak (big risk for my face :loltears: ) and he holds his face out waiting for me to do it
So sweet. Monaco leans in, too. I wonder if pressing the beak to things is an ekkie thing or do other species do it too? There's a little lean, a little bow, and then she curls her neck to press herself against me. It flattens me every time. :faint:

reffek94

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Yesterday was really good progress. He stepped onto my hand from the cage once and from his playstands multiple times! I was very excited! He ate some blueberries out of my hand each time as a treat. He loves apples but I ran out so I'm going to get more today to use as treats for when he steps up :D

Oh and I swear hes talking.. not very well yet haha I thought I was crazy but yesterday my husband asked me "did he just say pretty boy?" So I know I'm not crazy because he heard it too hahaha

Attachments

Monaco

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly Hill
Such a smart, sweet boy!

reffek94

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
I made a terrible mistake today guys. Terrible mistake! I hung a piece of aloe leaf on his kabob today :loltears: he was playing with the kabob swinging it and aloe goo was going EVERYWHERE. It was not good hahaha although he enjoyed it

mythic55

Avenue Veteran
You are such a happy mom! Your posts make me smile.
I will note: best to be careful with the amount of aloe you give. Its not toxic, and in 'normal' doses is great (I give it as well), but in high quantities over a long period of time can cause ichtty skin, slow up uptake of potassium and stomach upset (increases mobility). Some people swear by it, but usually because it was part of a larger scope :)

reffek94

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Thank you I hadn't heard that before. I actually only have one leaf I have been breaking into pieces for him because he snapped it off my plant hahaha I will keep that in mind!

mythic55

Avenue Veteran
Contrary to popular belief- Eclectus require a high acidic diet for proper digestion. Because aloe is so alkaline, it should be in combination with other acidic foods in the daily diet. So when you put it on the stick- try also adding acidic items like: blue plums, figs, dates, banana or even pineapple.

reffek94

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Enjoying his blow dry haha he gets so excited when I pull put the vacuum.. I'm hoping one day he can take a bath without it.. if I try when it isnt running he looks at me like I'm the dumbest person hes ever seen :lol: but as soon as I turn the vacuum on it is bath time!

Attachments

Miss Annamarie

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Annamarie
How old is he? He seems SO much more independent than my little Basil.

reffek94

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Basil's is October 25th! Crazy :)
It could be because Pascal was an only child haha although he did grow up with a blue and gold macaw. He didnt have any eclectus babies with him. Or it could just be his personality! What does Basil look like now? I remember seeing his going home pictures. He looked so cute!

Miss Annamarie

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Annamarie
It could be because Pascal was an only child haha although he did grow up with a blue and gold macaw. He didnt have any eclectus babies with him. Or it could just be his personality! What does Basil look like now? I remember seeing his going home pictures. He looked so cute!
I'm at work right now, :p I'll send some when I get home tonight!

Miss Annamarie

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Annamarie
I just posted them on Basil's thread so I don't flood Pascal's with pics of my own baby, lol

reffek94

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Man it's so crazy how in less than 2 weeks he has gone from wanting to destroy me and steal my soul to being a clingy little velcro bird :loltears: he is still eating his fresh food but I'm so paranoid I am still giving him pellets.i feel good though because he will choose his fresh over pellets... at least at first. Once he picks out the deliciousness that he wants he goes over to the pellets. He is so sweet! I found some figs for the first time.. he loved them! My husband did not..he prefers the walls the color they were before figs :lol: anyone have any advice for getting walls back to their pre- pomegranate, pre- fig , pre - sweet potato color? I have kind of just accepted it honestly hahaha

Attachments

Monaco

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly Hill
I found some thin sheets of plexiglass with adhesive either at Lowes or home depot. I'm considering it.

reffek94

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
I found some thin sheets of plexiglass with adhesive either at Lowes or home depot. I'm considering it.
I've been thinking about something like that as well.. I have a plastic mat around his cage to save the hardwoods. Although he can fling it farther than the mat, it catches most of it!
He is getting really chatty. I can tell hes trying to say different things but so far all I can make out is "pretty boy"