• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Parrots unlimited breeder

Fia Baby

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Beth
I live in Oregon as well! What area of the state? It is hard to find parrots in this state - when I bought my baby green wing several years ago I had such a hard time! And I was scammed by a breeder in CA, Michael Tran. A real scum bag who scammed many people all across the country, for many 10's of thousands of dollars. Your baby looks adorable - and Bisou is a great name choice!!

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
I live in Oregon as well! What area of the state? It is hard to find parrots in this state - when I bought my baby green wing several years ago I had such a hard time! And I was scammed by a breeder in CA, Michael Tran. A real scum bag who scammed many people all across the country, for many 10's of thousands of dollars. Your baby looks adorable - and Bisou is a great name choice!!
Are you kidding? :wideyed: Hard to find parrots? :huh:Geez here in michigan you can barely give them away ,there are so many that need homes! :D

Last edited:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Bisou is beautiful!!

Tinabell

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Christina Spence
Update:
The breeder just texted me Bisou is very sick. He missed two feedings and is st the avian vet now on oxygen and they are taking an X-ray. He said only 2 birdie 8 years have ever been sick. One was ok and the other ended up being put to slept with an enlarged heart and organs. I hope Bisou will be ok.
If he doesn’t make it I could get another baby thats two weeks old. Or I could get another baby from some other place.
I saw Bob’s birds in Florida and they have a good reputation . Maybe I’ll just hold off if he passes and wait before getting another baby.

Tinabell

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Christina Spence
More update :It’s very sad. Bisou died today. He was only 6 weeks old and had multiple birth defects and an enlarged liver. He had to be put to sleep. I’m beyond sad.
I got the photos this morning and I thought all was fine. Then a few hours later he didn’t taketwo feedings. Brandon took himto the avian vet right away. Brandon was crying when he left me the message on the phone. He was so sad. I can’t believe this happened .

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Once again, I am very sorry about this. It's extremely sad.
Is he offering you a baby from the same pair? If so I think I would pass, get a full refund and find another breeder or perhaps find a Galah from a rescue.

Last edited:

fashionfobie

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
Oh no, Christina I am so sorry. :sad2: What a roller coaster you have been on.

I am very sorry for your loss of Bisou.

There must be another Galah in need out there somewhere.

Tinabell

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Christina Spence
I don’t know what to do. I have been waiting for 4 months for a home visit from the rescue in our area, they never answer back. I took the class they require, but I can’t go any further with them as they just don’t contact me. The other rescue doesn’t give to anyone over 50 years old, or with children under 15. I’m out of luck there.

fashionfobie

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
I don’t know what to do. I have been waiting for 4 months for a home visit from the rescue in our area, they never answer back. I took the class they require, but I can’t go any further with them as they just don’t contact me. The other rescue doesn’t give to anyone over 50 years old, or with children under 15. I’m out of luck there.
I have to be honest with you. A baby cockatoo is not ideal to get if you are over 50. It would be better to get an older bird and provide them a supportive home. Just my :2cents:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Would you consider a different species of bird?

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Birdmansparrots.com

Anasparrots.com

KimKim

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Im very sorry...
If I were you, I would find a different breeder, or continue to check rescues and craiglist type sites for one you can "adopt or save".

CrazyBirdChick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
Birdmansparrots.com

Anasparrots.com
I feel bad to keep publicly bashing but I wouldnt feel right if I didn't say it- Birdman's parrots has had some reviews saying a few birds he sold had avian borno virus. They've since been deleted but I would not buy from him.

Parrot stars in Arlington heights, IL has a baby galah for sale. A few members here have said good things about that place, though I haven't been there yet myself.

Rose Breasted Cockatoo #176441 for sale in Arlington Heights, IL

@Tinabell , I am so sorry for your loss
:sadhug2:

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
More update :It’s very sad. Bisou died today. He was only 6 weeks old and had multiple birth defects and an enlarged liver. He had to be put to sleep. I’m beyond sad.
I got the photos this morning and I thought all was fine. Then a few hours later he didn’t taketwo feedings. Brandon took himto the avian vet right away. Brandon was crying when he left me the message on the phone. He was so sad. I can’t believe this happened .
Christina, I'm so sorry about your bird. It's sad.
In beginning of thread, I did mention I used to know Brandon and his partner when I it was melzanos. Shared with the later on another parrot site and FB. I mentioned in the beginning, the birds there are very questionable. They used to lose 2-3 birds out of every ten. Brandon is a good guy, smart, but much of his tactics are picked up from former partner. His partner I would not touch or have anything to do with him in any way.
Not Brandon's fault, he dose care, but was left a mess after his partner broke away. He was basically dump on and had to pick up the pieces.
Many had bashed melzanos on other sites, stating the viruses that are circulating his averies and shop are causing sick birds. How true that actually is, I haven't a clue. It was a bold statement on sites I took with a grain of sand as I have physically never seen their store.
But one can only wonder why so many people didn't recommend dealing with melzanos.
Could get a bird here in michigan, there is tons needing homes. All types!

Tinabell

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Christina Spence
Thank you “Crazybirdchick” I looked up the recommendation of the breeder and their Rb2’s are $1,000 more than I was paying. I was paying$2,500. I would go up some, but I just can’t afford another $1,000.
I requested my deposit back and hope he makes that process easy.
If hawk1227 knows of any Rose Breasted Cockatoo’s in Michigan please let me know.

Tinabell

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Christina Spence
Thete is a woman named Dee that owns AZparrots.com that might be good if anyone has heard of her and a guy in Florida named Robert Montenegro too.
Hmmmm, this is all very hard and depressing.

Tinabell

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Christina Spence
I have been up studying about other parrots and came across Severe macaw. Does anyone have an opinion on this bird ? I’m looking for a medium size parrot, one that is affectionate , doesn’t bond to just one person , more a family bird and not nippy . Any ideas?

fashionfobie

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
I was under the impression that galahs (rose-breasted cockatoos) can be very one person oriented. They live in my nieghbourhood and they are always in pairs. Some of the colony cockatoos like goffins and bare-eyed are a better cockatoo for a multiple bond situation.

Goffins are very fun birds! :) They have a big personality and mine loved everyone she met. She was typically more excited about the new person than she was me.