• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Parrotlets and pellets

Hermesbird

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Cat
Hey everyone, Im currently feeding my baby zupreem natural pellets and there the small parakeet size. I was wondering if there was a better pellet that she should be eating since she not a parakeet lol. Is it. different formula or do they use the bird types as a sizing guide? she has her nuritberrys and loves those along with a nice chop every morning with seeds and pellets wrinkles on top like a sunday. I made be doing it work but she hasn't complained yet about my cooking. Still nervous on how to make mash but I think she would love it all the same!

Attachments

Olliebirb

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Julia A
They use the birds as a sizing guide, the formula I believe is the same.

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
I think tops cold pressed pellets seem are good options for parrotlets.

Make sure they aren't getting pellets as their major diet only a small portion. I literally only feed 4-6 tops pellets a day with their other food. They need lots of veggies to thrive. They have sensitive kidneys and some highly processed pellets put a lot of pressure on their systems. Larger parrots can dip their pellets in water, but parrotlets cannot do this. The image above is a great idea as a way to provide pellets. She can get access to fresh veggies! Try adding some zucchini, cucumber or summer squashes which have a bit of moisture. You could stick the pellets on these veggies. It could double as a foraging activity and a way to provide more moisture when she is eating the pellet.

Hermesbird

Real Name
Cat
Try adding some zucchini, cucumber or summer squashes which have a bit of moisture
I will deff do that next time I run to the grocery. I’m always looking on what I can give her to spice things up but the internet is horrible with looking up parrotlet diets and everything else. If you have any more recommendations I would gladly accept them :)