• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Parrotlet Roll Call

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
Awe Welcome Fluffy! Aren't you a cutie :swoon:

Jeddy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Jan
:sad7:I miss my special Bodie......

fashionfobie

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie

Tangle

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Alicia Austin
I agree with @laracroft. Tangle is far too young to be coming home. Can you please give us an update? How is @Tangle doing?
I’m not sure he’s exact age. I have hand reared previously. I’d put him around the 20+ day mark he’s doing really well and is very social.

PacificPaulie

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Meagan
Welcome Tangle! What an excellent name!
My Paulie was sold to us far too long but thankfully he's got a lot of fight in him and has developed well. They sure to bond well to their humans though :heart:

fashionfobie

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
I remember being very worried about you and Paulie when you first posted here. But you've done such a wonderful job taking care of him!
Oh my gosh, same for me. I am so happy how adjusted Paulie ended up.

There are so many advantages of birds growing up with some other birds. I am always surprised when they are sent away too soon. My parrotlets were hand raised, but they lived with a group of other parrotlets. The breeder would send me videos of all the little ones flying around together. They didn't come to my home until they were 100% weaned and capable of perching and flying confidently.

It is always a relief when an unweaned bird comes out the other side, healthy and loved. I do wish that breeders wouldn't push them out of the nest too young. It isn't only the complexity of hand feeding, but also the advantage of learning from their own species. They encourage each other to fly and to try new foods as babies together. Not every new bird person comes to a community looking for help. I hate to think of the little birds that don't make it.

Tangle

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Alicia Austin
I know that my breeder only let me take Tangle at such a young age because I’d had previous experience hand rearing and had watched my dad with his own birds before that. I guess I hadn’t even thought of the babies that have been let go to homes too soon to inexperienced people.