• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Parrotlet Roll Call

Jeddy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Jan
I sure miss my plet Bodie. Keep flying high-see you someday.

Familyof12

Real Name
Liz
This is Diablo and Carmen. They are in love. No idea what their hatch dates are. I believe Carmen to be about 2 years old and Diablo to be a little less than a year old.
IMG_0847.JPG IMG_0887.JPG Carmen is green the Diablo is blue.
IMG_0812.JPG Diablo is super shy.

fullsizeoutput_2fd.jpeg Carmen is the boss.

VantCors

Strolling the yard
At last, much-awaited hard to get Pico pics. Heres my little pickle monster<3
'Pico' as in the sailing dinghy? Spinnaker is named after a type of sail, because he is colourful and unpredictable!

Nuttyone

Meeting neighbors
Hi. This is lewie, he's 5mths and if anyone says that small parrots are cleaner and therefore easier show them this pic. They may be small birds but have GIANT personalities and are sooooo adorable so that makes up for the mess 20180423_160930.jpg

Last edited:

NBGwen

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Gwen
Hey all - I'm usually in with the budgies lol.... I didn't want to get another bird yet, I really didn't...well...

This is Kalypso <3 Her hatch date is Feb 5, 2018. She is so so so so sweet. I've researched like crazy about parrotlets, I know I definitely will work with clicker training her. She was hand raised and is very easy to handle. I'm just in love. This picture of her is basically her favourite spot - right under mommy's chin :)

Attachments

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
Neptune enjoying his breakfast salad.

IMG_5093.JPG

Cberry77

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Christine Berry
I have 12 BUDDY BUZZ YOSHI AVA FINN COCKATIELS,1 GREEN CHEEK CONURE,1 PARROLET KIWI,FROSTY CHILLI BABY SKITTLES TWEETY AN I LOVE EM ALL!

Gribouille

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
I have 12 BUDDY BUZZ YOSHI AVA FINN COCKATIELS,1 GREEN CHEEK CONURE,1 PARROLET KIWI,FROSTY CHILLI BABY SKITTLES TWEETY AN I LOVE EM ALL!
Oh boy!!! I nearly had a heart attack, thought you had 12 parrotlets!!! :dead:

Cberry77

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Christine Berry
Ahh could u imagine 12 parrolet,no no no,I'm good but I don't think anyone is that good! I would love to watch twelve,at a distance. Sorry for the scare!

Cberry77

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Christine Berry
Do any of u parents ever have one just sit on u? That's all he wants just to stay stuck on me,all day everyday.This is going on over a month or longer.I have tried everything to give him choices of things to do. I love him dearly ,just sometimes not able to get anything done! I hate to cage him just to turn around and get him back out.Ideas?

fashionfobie

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
Hello cute Paulie! I hope you are doing well :)

PacificPaulie

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Meagan
@NBGwen
Absolutely did! He was a gift from my mother-in-law and she at first thought he was a conure and Paulie (the movie) was the first thing to come to mind. Course, I thought he was awfully small for a conure even as a baby. Ended up having to call the petshop for clarification on what he was, but kept the name. ❤

fashionfobie

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
@PacificPaulie Oh wow! That is a crazy way to end up with such a little cutie. I can't believe she thought it was a conure. As I previously said, I am very ashamed at the petstore for selling an unweaned bird. For anyway unaware Meagan has been reaching out for help with Paulie's care.

I just want to remind anyone reading this forum who might be visiting, please DO NOT buy an unweaned bird. This practice is dangerous and very outdated.
Hazards of buying unweaned birds - Breeder's input appreciated. | Avian Avenue Parrot Forum
Unweaned Birds » Currumbin Valley Birds & Exotic Vetrenarian - Gold Coast

NBGwen

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Gwen
I saw her post asking for help, but I know nothing about weaning babies, so I was silent in the background hoping for the best :)

@NBGwen
Absolutely did! He was a gift from my mother-in-law and she at first thought he was a conure and Paulie (the movie) was the first thing to come to mind. Course, I thought he was awfully small for a conure even as a baby. Ended up having to call the petshop for clarification on what he was, but kept the name. ❤

Love it! (his name that is). Hopefully he weans really well for you and is the best Paulie ever :)