• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Parrotlet Passed Away Unexpectedly...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cosmolove

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Erica (:
Sorry for your loss :hug8:

Bridgette

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bridgette
I'm so sorry for your loss :hug8:

QP4CAG

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lindsay
Im soooo very sorry for your loss!!! :hug8::hug8::hug8:

Jeddy

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Jan
Sorry for your loss:(

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
I am very very sorry for your loss.:hug8: It is written that blue mutation parrotlets should not have pellets. Not sure if that is true, but I have read it many times.

Dana Lee

Real Name
Dana
I'm sorry for your loss :hug8:

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
I am so sorry for your unexpected loss, I hope you can find a vet that will do a necropsy to find out the cause. :hug8::hug8:

unicornlady7

Real Name
Christa
I am very very sorry for your loss.:hug8: It is written that blue mutation parrotlets should not have pellets. Not sure if that is true, but I have read it many times.
This is something I have heard as well from Sandee Moleda's (sp?) book and website. She is supposed to be the best one out there for info on parrotlets health. The breeder I got Loki from wouldn't feed her p'lets pellets for that reason. She consentrated on weaning them onto a rounded diet of seed and fresh fruits/veggies.My sincerest condolences for the loss of your little guy. I hope you can get answers from the necropsy. Fly high and free, little one!

crzybrdldy

Real Name
Patty
So sorry for your loss, don't know if this will help but do you have a state lab near you. They can do necropsies and they are a little cheaper.:(

Explorer

Walking the driveway
Real Name
B
I am so sorry for your loss :sad7:

Dejoo, I did not know that.. I am off to testing my mix..

Vicky Chai Tea

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Vicky
We found a vet that will do it for $80 without biopsy costs (which will bring it to at least $180) and that is within our price range if my boyfriend charges it with his credit card for next month, considering our combined income. It's 45 minutes away, unless you avoid the highway then it's an hour. My boyfriend has decided that he does not want to spend any money, or spend his precious time out of work during the day driving, and I do not think we will be able to get a necrposy done. I have to work at 2:30-8:30 so we'd have to leave right now, and he has decided to go back to bed. He thinks that knowing what happened is not worth possibly $200.

I obviously disagree. It looks like I will most likely not be able to get a necropsy done. I'm still sprouting the seeds so that's all I have to go on.

Vicky Chai Tea

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Vicky
I was upset when I wrote that, he didn't want the necropsy because he is not terribly interested in why his bird died, and doesn't want someone "mutilating" the body. I completely disagree, it's eating me up inside. I want to know if it was something I did, if it could have been prevented, and if it could harm the other birds. Unfortunately I'll never know.

The seed has not sprouted at all, I'm thinking that could have been a factor. Maybe I did it wrong? I added the entire seed mix to water, let it soak overnight, drained it and rinsed it two times during the day, keeping it moist.

deee

Avenue Veteran
im so sorry for your loss :(

Jewels95

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Julie-Maye
I am so sorry for your loss. :(:heart::hug8: Losing a family pet is terribly heart-breaking, all of us are here for you.

...Dejoo, thank you for the information. I will be testing Lola's seed first thing in the morning to see if I need to get over to the pet store asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.