• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Parrotlet nests?

Unevenest

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Alexandra Kuro
So my parrotlet is laying eggs The only thing is they didn’t build a nest in the nest box. The eggs are just laying there in the otherwise empty box. Is that a problem? Should I try dropping nesting material in?

Attachments

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Welcome to the Avenue Alexandra :starshower1:

Not a problem if there´s no male, or if you have boiled the eggs/switched the eggs for dummys.

Yes it is a problem for breeding, however, if that is your intention then this is something you would know. It very important (aspen shavings in the nestbox).

Unevenest

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Alexandra Kuro
Welcome to the Avenue Alexandra :starshower1:

Not a problem if there´s no male, or if you have boiled the eggs/switched the eggs for dummys.

Yes it is a problem for breeding, however, if that is your intention then this is something you would know. It very important (aspen shavings in the nestbox).
I’ve tried putting the shavings/thin newspaper strips in the box myself before she laid the eggs. My female just threw it out the door when she went in there next. We have had both the shredded newspaper and the shavings available to her to build a nest since we introduced the male. She just didn’t.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Maybe this will be helpful: