• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Parrotlet help needed by the bucketload please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinytoez

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Tammy
Hi, not a lot of you know that Indy Quaker escaped on 21July when I was at the hospital with my sick nan.Ive put posters up advised vets, petshops etc as well as put him on national online registers.When he vanished I was angry with myself and promised I would never ever get another pet, let alone a bird, but after about a week I realised how much I missed him and how much I miss having a bird in general around, I decided I had to get another bird, I didnt want a Quaker as that doesnt seem right, and I would feel like Im replacing Indy, which I most definatly am not doing, his cage will be set up until the day he comes home.Ive decided I would like a Parrotlet as they are small with a lot of zip like Indy.But the big cage I have is way too huge and I cant seem to find one online, Im going by needing one 30x30x30 as a minimum, and it needs to be in my room so no stand.Also any advise on if a Parrotlet is a good idea would be appreciated too.Thanx

HelenVanessaDavies

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Helen
Not too sure what to suggest for the cage :/ but parrotlets are real little characters, so much smarter than people give them credit for, they're cheeky, fun to watch and very cute, but they can be moody and cage aggressive, but with my little guy it's not a problem, I know not to uncover him too early (makes him moody) and to not allow other birds to walk on his cage (ofcourse he can do that to them, but they can't do that to him!!) Not sure if it helps much, but I'm sorry you lost your quaker:hug8:

Tinytoez

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Tammy
Do you think dealing with a Quaker is anything like dealing with a moody Parrotlet, Indy had his quaker quirks and I seemed to handle them.
Thanks, I hope the little darling comes back sometime soon.

Ive just noticed you are from Kent, the same as me.

HelenVanessaDavies

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Helen
I haven't yet met a quaker in person yet and I haven't owned one before, but I know that parrotlets are like mini amazons if that's any help?
I volunteer at the local RSPCA, so I'll keep my eye out for any blue quakers coming in :)
Ah how awesome! I'm in Maidstone...not the most sceneic part of Kent :p

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh no,I'm so sorry to hear that Indy is missing. I hope he comes back soon :hug8:

Tinytoez

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Tammy
Thankyou April. I never really knew I was truly a converted bird person until now.
Wanting someone else to share my life with is more of a need than a want - does that sound wrong?

unicornlady7

Real Name
Christa
I love the parrotlet personality! I've never had or interacted with a quaker..So I can't compare.. If you get a tame bird from a good breeder or store, then no problem. Loki was an exceptional parrotlet, IMO. He was a quick learner and he could talk. I found his chirps so cute and his antics entertaining!
I hope Indy finds his way back to you. Best of luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.