• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Parrotlet had a hard fall (New to this forum)

shubh298

Moving in
Real Name
Shubh
Hey guy, I’m new to this forum and I found it while trying to find answers because I’ve been a little scared for my little parrotlet.

I have two, but one of them had a rough fall while flying around two days ago. From what it seems, she had a concussion after the fall. No coordination, eyes closed, flat on her back... it scared the life out of me because I thought she passed away. I was about to take her out to get checked but she soon started to recover and move. Within an hour she seemed to had gotten back to normal (ever since then she’s only gotten better). But every now and then she sits down and starts shaking(trembling) a bunch, and then goes back to normal after a minute or two. I’m not sure if she’s still just recovering or whether I should go and get her checked. There doesnt seem to be any physical damage. Has anyone experienced this before? I would really appreciate any input ❤

TLDR; Parrotlet had a hard fall> concussion > recovered in every other way but shakes every now and then.

conureluv

Sprinting down the street
@Zara
Maybe she can help. Best of wishes!

anurim

Strolling the yard
Welcome! I really recommend taking her to the vet! Birds can hide pain really well! Maybe @Zara can help you more

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Welcome to the Avenue :)

Sorry to hear your bird had a fall. I always think of it as this; when in doubt, get it checked out.
If the shakes are something new, I would definitely get an appointment made at the vet.
I hope all will be ok!

shubh298

Moving in
Real Name
Shubh
Welcome to the Avenue :)

Sorry to hear your bird had a fall. I always think of it as this; when in doubt, get it checked out.
If the shakes are something new, I would definitely get an appointment made at the vet.
I hope all will be ok!
Oh okayy, I’ll get her checked then. Thank you for all your quick replies

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I had a bird with a concussion. Since it seems that there are some issues you are seeing best thing is to get your bird to the vet. How is her appetite? Mine stopped eating and drinking
and was at the vet for 3 weeks and then partially recovered. Still had some neurological issues.
Hope all will be well.

shubh298

Moving in
Real Name
Shubh
I had a bird with a concussion. Since it seems that there are some issues you are seeing best thing is to get your bird to the vet. How is her appetite? Mine stopped eating and drinking
and was at the vet for 3 weeks and then partially recovered. Still had some neurological issues.
Hope all will be well.
I’m sorry to hear your bird had to go through that. And mine - luckily - didn’t go through as much. She recovered pretty fast for the most part. I took her to the vet today and he said there might be some tissue damage that’s why she was shaking. He gave me some meds and hopefully she’ll be all good by the end of the week.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I’m sorry to hear your bird had to go through that. And mine - luckily - didn’t go through as much. She recovered pretty fast for the most part. I took her to the vet today and he said there might be some tissue damage that’s why she was shaking. He gave me some meds and hopefully she’ll be all good by the end of the week.
It's good that you took her to the vet and got some medication to help her. Hope she will be 100% soon!

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
Good call taking her to the vet. I hope for a full recovery.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Great update! Sending healing thoughts her way! :)