• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Parrotlet Doesn't Like My Roommate

sageparrot

Moving in
Real Name
Elyse
Yesterday was pretty scary for me because my parrotlet flew to my roommate, landed on her shoulder, tried to nibble on her earrings then when she tried to get her off she opened her mouth and tried to bite. I tried to get her off and she did the same thing. After a second time of me trying she flew up and tried to bite my roommates face! I am so upset and don't understand why she would do this. She has bitten ears before when trying to climb but has never been so aggressive. My parrotlet, Ria, is only 5 months old and I've been living with my roommate for 2 months now. I'm not sure if Ria is scared of her, angry, or what the reason would be behind these attacks. It is only with my roommate as well. Any advice would be appreciated! The one thing is that I refuse to clip Ria.

FeatheredM

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
I think your little parrotlet might be getting defensive and aggressive over shoulders. Try keeping her off, and keeping her occupied in different ways.