• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Parrot right in the window

h4l1.png

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Tarik
I am interested in one interesting topic, which is windows. Even though my Green Cheek knows where the windows are in the home and skilfully avoids them, sometimes, when something really scares her, she hits it a little. Something interesting that I noticed is that when he comes to the window, he smartly realizes that it is him and when he is nearby, he does not shoot at him, but pushes away from him with his legs, but you can hear it again, so it is worrying. We regularly knock on her window, so she realized it herself, and then she also knocks passers-by with her black beak, which is very cute.

How are your parrots behaving? Do you see a problem in this?

Attachments

Rebel

Sprinting down the street
Windows are an accident waiting to happen.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Maybe a slightly transparent film or pattern could help. Something only barely noticeable to you but easily seen by your bird. :)

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Glass is a weird thing.

I had two large glass doors in my prev apartment, I showed each bird where the glass was and lived there for many many years with no issues. I moved into where I am now, which is an identical apartment, and the first time I let Gis out he flew into the door. I think it was because I hadn't done the same routines up here showing them all the windows (even though they are idential, the view outside is different).
If your bird is spooking, I would even consider a thin mesh curtain to protect for hitting the window, and some decals like Faislaq suggested above.

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
I have a boing in my window and made perches so they land on that first not window even when spooked they land on boing or rope first
I did same as Zara though showed them window let them touch window etc only pip flown into window which was in my daughters room next to bird room when spooked but lucky she has a hanging flower thing he hit first and hung onto that only slowly swinging into window

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
But they love hitting at window until big crow flys past then they fly off to bathroom screaming until I say it’s ok

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
I am interested in one interesting topic, which is windows. Even though my Green Cheek knows where the windows are in the home and skilfully avoids them, sometimes, when something really scares her, she hits it a little. Something interesting that I noticed is that when he comes to the window, he smartly realizes that it is him and when he is nearby, he does not shoot at him, but pushes away from him with his legs, but you can hear it again, so it is worrying. We regularly knock on her window, so she realized it herself, and then she also knocks passers-by with her black beak, which is very cute.

How are your parrots behaving? Do you see a problem in this?
Your baby gorgeous

h4l1.png

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Tarik
This is a crazy baby, she is very intelligent and doesn't even fear the crows that pass by. He coldly knocks on the window and defends his territory. He knows glass very well, but again, he sometimes pushes himself away from the window with his legs, he doesn't shoot himself, but he pushes himself with his legs, which I find very nice.