• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Parrot Rescue visit tomorrow!

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
3885D338-EEA1-4899-9C45-1AC530EB8CAA.jpeg 37A5274D-FA71-4357-A95C-6C4CA6D4825E.jpeg
So....I may have gone a tad overboard on the chop!:roflmao:

Opie and I have been playing peek-a-boo which he seems to enjoy. He is also a fan of Bonnie Raitt, in general—which I can totally get behind!

My tiny man Kuiper is also hormonal at the moment as he occasionally has his way with his perches, lol! He has molted a couple of flight feathers, and I hope that continues!!

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
All labs and x-rays came back normal!! Still, the 30-day quarantine will continue.

He does not know how old Kuiper may be because he may have the mutation in which the eye remains dark. But, he does feel he is a younger bird--maybe one or two at the most. If his eyes ever change, then I'll have a better idea of his age.

X-rays revealed that Opie simply does not have feather follicles any more on his torso. So, those feathers will not grow back in. His collar will have to stay on him until his chest has healed.

So, on February 26th, I can at least have 4 birds in 3 cages in one room...instead of 3 rooms! Hopefully, I will eventually have 4 birds in 2 cages in one room!

Keetie!

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Joanne
View attachment 371647 View attachment 371648
So....I may have gone a tad overboard on the chop!:roflmao:

Opie and I have been playing peek-a-boo which he seems to enjoy. He is also a fan of Bonnie Raitt, in general—which I can totally get behind!

My tiny man Kuiper is also hormonal at the moment as he occasionally has his way with his perches, lol! He has molted a couple of flight feathers, and I hope that continues!!
Beautiful chop!!! Love it!