• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Parrot Rescue visit tomorrow!

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Go ahead and get a dash cam, but point it into your car. :laugh:
What!? You don’t want me to livestream the hour-plus interstate drive home? :laughin:

Nikomania

Rollerblading along the road
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Finally! :yah:

AussieBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB
:yah:

Kassiani

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sorry the last two pictures are a bit blurry, but the lights are low, and they have a little lantern in the room so that they can see to move about if they want.

Anywho....

It's been a long old afternoon, but I am so happy, and nervous, that my new men are home!! Jelly and Juju were fascinated by all the noise that Opie was making, lol! He practically alerted the whole neighborhood about his arrival!! :laughin:

Both Opie and Kuiper are in cages in my guest bedroom for now. The rescue rep wants me to put Kuiper's cage so that he can see and hear my Jelly and Juju. Both of these new birds have been to have an exam with the rescue's CAV and were tested for Psittacosis--but nothing else. They spent a minimum of 30 days quarantined with a foster family before being made available for adoption. I'm going to try to get an appointment with me vet this week, but do you think under these circumstances it would be OK to keep the budgies in separate rooms but visible to one another? The sleep room is the family room in the front of the house. It is separated by the dining room by a hallway and stairwell, but there are not doors between them. If I positioned their cages just so, they would be able to see each other across the hallway.

I wonder at what time the new men will alert me of their desire to wake up in the morning! Lol!

Sunni Tiel

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rachel
Wait... I must have missed something, who's the handsome budgie?!

Kassiani

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Wait... I must have missed something, who's the handsome budgie?!
That is Kuiper, named after the Kuiper Belt. He is small, and bedraggled, and I fell in love with him last Saturday when I saw him at the rescue :) He was found outside and turned in to the rescue toward the end of last year.