• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Parrot Rescue visit tomorrow!

MommyBird

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Debbie
Oh, and I’ll let you know on the name. As far as I know, he’s had the same one for more than 20 years, but it’s a name I don’t particularly like. I’m hoping to change it to something that maybe sounds the same? We’ll see :)
I'd never changed a bird's name until I adopted my little Jenday a bit over a year ago. He'd been called "Squawker" for 24 years. I just was really offended by that and sort of mad at the rescue where he was for 12 of those years because who would adopt a bird called "squawker" ? well, me I guess because it was actually a connection at first sight even though I was hoping to find another BCC after Will died.
First thing I did was start calling him "Walker" and he never missed a beat. I actually think he likes it better. He sure responds to it!

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
First thing I did was start calling him "Walker" and he never missed a beat. I actually think he likes it better. He sure responds to it!
Walker, Texas Ranger????

MommyBird

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Debbie
Walker, Texas Ranger????
yeah, that's how I introduce him sometimes. :D But really it was just a good name that sounded like his old one.
Do you believe that show is still on daytime TV!? I get all of 10 channels and that is on one of them daily, although the only channels I think are watchable are PBS (2 stations), Create, and NHK.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
yeah, that's how I introduce him sometimes. :D But really it was just a good name that sounded like his old one.
Do you believe that show is still on daytime TV!? I get all of 10 channels and that is on one of them daily, although the only channels I think are watchable are PBS (2 stations), Create, and NHK.
Don't get me started on the things that he scares (the jokes....)

Elysian

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Eek! I am excited for you!
The bad pet shop guy tried to talk to me into a Cherry Head baby he had, but I thought if I'm going to go conure I will wait for the more personal breeder who has Blue Crowns.

Although I'm having trouble really comparing Blue Crowns and Cherry Heads, except by color.. is the Cherry Head bigger??

I'm so jealous :) I have ANOTHER new bird cage .. (now I have three) but still only the two birds lmao.
Gotta wait for the puppy to be potty trained though so I can hole up in my bird room and ignore him once in awhile.

Kassiani

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Eek! I am excited for you!
The bad pet shop guy tried to talk to me into a Cherry Head baby he had, but I thought if I'm going to go conure I will wait for the more personal breeder who has Blue Crowns.

Although I'm having trouble really comparing Blue Crowns and Cherry Heads, except by color.. is the Cherry Head bigger??

I'm so jealous :) I have ANOTHER new bird cage .. (now I have three) but still only the two birds lmao.
Gotta wait for the puppy to be potty trained though so I can hole up in my bird room and ignore him once in awhile.
You'll get there! Don't get talked into a bird you really aren't excited about. There are going to be plenty of Blue Crowns out there for you to love :) I'm afraid I don't know the size difference between Cherry Headed and Blue Crowned :shrug:.

It won't be long before that sweet pup is all grown up!

Kassiani

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
OK, so name...

The little bird's name is Rocky. Nothing personal against those that love the movies (I really like them, too), but I really don't like that name for this sweet little man!

To give credit where credit is due, I have to thank @faislaq for the idea of this name. You see, this little guy is originally from North Carolina, and, well, he has a red head. The Andy Griffith show was set in the fictional town of Mayberry, North Carolina. So, a red headed boy from North Carolina must be Opi!

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
You see, this little guy is originally from North Carolina, and, well, he has a red head. The Andy Griffith show was set in the fictional town of Mayberry, North Carolina.
I just picked a red-headed name out if the air. I never knew all that about the show, or about this fella for that matter! :laugh: How perfect! :joyful:

Do you think your future grey will be named Grayson? If so, I'm batting 1000! :hilarious: