• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Parrot problem!

parrotsan

Moving in
Real Name
San
Hey!
I recently noticed a small white bump on my male parrot's left foot. It is right beside his nail on one of his "fingers" and I want to know what it might be because it's stressing me out a lot. I have attached pictures of it. 20230416_200311.jpg 20230416_200326.jpg

Also, he started trimming his tail 2 months ago and made it less than half of it's original length....he kind of stopped but I don't know if it's growing back. He also plucks his feather sometimes.
Other than this, he is fineA.

16816584549524120409470764490887.jpg

parrotsan

Moving in
Real Name
San
It looks like it might be a cyst. I'd suggest a vet check.
:(
Well we have a female parrot as well and she sometimes attacks his foot when she's aggressive....you think this is because she might have hurt him?

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
The wire is not ideal to spend time standing on.
I worry this is an infection. Parrot's standing on things that put pressure on feet , get pressure sores that turn into bumble foot. A general term for infection of feet.
Takes treatment of antibiotics from veterinarian. Cleaning feet and surfaces, and d providing perches of different diameter.

I attach perches to the outside of the cage to provide better options, that are more natural to the feet .

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
I second getting the vet check.

Toy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
If the wire, the cage is made out of, is not stainless steel it's not parrot safe. It could contain toxic metals. Unlike farm birds (chickens, turkeys, etc) parrots chew on the wire. Zinc, copper, etc. metals, even a tiny bit, can make a parrot very sick and/or cause death. I'd suggest a powdercoated parrot cage.