• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Parrot pooped eggwhite-looking object

Adri_chell

Checking out the neighborhood
I found this white colored boiled egg textured object in my Lovebird's cage. One if my Lovebirds has been taken to the vet in the past and has been diagnosed with a couple of things. One being that she had created an egg without the shell and it formed an infection due to that, that made her so sick.
Layer on she was diagnosed with Bornavirus.

Now I saw this object that looks like a dropping, but it was hard and looked like egg whites.
Due to personal issues, I can't afford to take her to the vet anymore [at this very moment], although she has made such a huge recovery and looks better acts more energetic, and isn't lethargic anymore, and eats more than anyone.
But this is strange to me.
My parrots are fed fresh chop, which includes, legumes, grains, greens and orange veggies.
They also consume organic pellets for dinner.
And they exercise fairly often by flying around the house during their cage-free hours.

I'm just very curious about this.

Attachments

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
If I had to hazard a guess, it's an unformed egg that she passed.

Do they have a source of vitamin D3? I'm not sure which pellets you are feeding. As an example Harrison's does contain D3, but TOPS contains very little. Alternatively, they can get D3 by having access to unfiltered sunlight.

Do you cook the greens at all? They have calcium but if they are raw it's not very bioavailable.

Sparkles!

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Lovebird you say? @Zara (hahaha)

I have never actually had undeveloped egg problems in any bird. Hoping someone has experience and can chime in.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
@Zara (hahaha)
Thanks for the tag :) I did see this thread already and ¨liked¨ @Mizzely ´s post as she covered anything I would have said and more.

Definitely an under developed egg, and given this hen has had issues with eggs in the past, I would definitely be informing the vet and seeing what they say. They may want to work out some sort of diet and supplement plan, and possibly run tests or monitor the bird.
If finances are stretched, at least send an email to them.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
I'm curious if it was completely hard through and through. Did you try cutting it open to see if there was a yolk?