• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Parrot leg band info

Cherylt82

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Cheryl tabanera
Hi im hoping someone could help me im trying to see where my african grey came from . Im Located in Hawaii and brought her from pet store who said they got her from a owner that had to move off island i was told she is 8 yrs old but she seems older to me lol... her leg band has FZT followed by 3 numbers .. after looking online she may have came from Florida.. anyone on here familiar with this band info ?

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
If the band is open, then you might have an imported bird.... making the bird most likely around 30 years old, give or take.... and I would suggest contacting Florida's agricultural department to get confirmation or more information - if at all possible. Records may not be kept if information that old... just as a heads up.

Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission
620 S. Meridian St.
Tallahassee, FL 32399-1600
Tel. (904) 488-2975 / (904) 921-5786 (fax)

If the band is closed or is not an import band, that unfortunately makes it much harder to track down where the band/bird came from.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
For an example, the band below is an import band. It's rounded and open. Import bands have 3 letters and 3 numbers. If an "F" is the first letter, that means they came through the facility in Florida. The USDA did not keep records. The US banned the importations of wild caught parrots in 1992. So any bird with an import band would be at least 29.

Elvis band.jpg