• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

PARROT CHRISTMAS SHOPPING

budgie❤️

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Madilynn
Christmas is coming, and our parrots need a little bit of love! What are you doing for your parrot for Christmas? Are the stockings hung on the cage doors with care? Is Santa-keet coming to town? Advent calendar ideas? Aviary Christmas decorations? Post them here! And remember, :needpics:

Miss Annamarie

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Annamarie
Christmas is coming, and our parrots need a little bit of love! What are you doing for your parrot for Christmas? Are the stockings hung on the cage doors with care? Is Santa-keet coming to town? Advent calendar ideas? Aviary Christmas decorations? Post them here! And remember, :needpics:
We had about 6 stockings last year.. we are gonna need 10 more..
No plans yet, but I'm guessing Im gonna be busy making bird toys!

scrape

Celebirdy of the Month
I've mostly done all my bird shopping. Lots of toys parts. I want to get a calendar/map of daily foraging toys for Felix though. He could use them.

birdy.929

Walking the driveway
i’m am getting them three perches and i’m going to make them 6 toys! i already got one perch down and i can hardly wait to give it to them :)

BirdWorld

I’m going to get each of mine a toy, and some treats. Niether has come yet though, but I’ll post pics when I get them.

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
My babies must suffer with homemade toys but I do hope to swap out all 12 cages while I am on vacation.

Miss Annamarie

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Annamarie
Ohhhhh neat! What kinds of toys are you making?? Also can we see some pics of everyone's precious birdie's???
Ill be making a play mat for basil, foraging toys for the littles. Ill probably order River some big toys and order Mel some foot toys from Shawna.

Attachments

webchirp

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Ohhhhh neat! What kinds of toys are you making?? Also can we see some pics of everyone's precious birdie's???
We have a fabulous toy making space on FB but here are some from my album. Cheeky Chirp Toys

Pictures of peeps...hehe

Carlton
carlton.jpg

Julip, Amada, Kari
Julip Amada and Kari.jpg

Rue
rue.jpg

Giggie
giggie.jpg

Rocco
rocco.jpg

Moki
Moki.jpg

Bitty
Bitty.jpg

Maks
maks.jpg

Boober and Tosh
Boober and Tosh.jpg

Chya and Happy
Chya and Happy.jpg

Zia
zia.jpg

Maui
maui.jpg

Madi
madi.jpg

Zephyr and Jewel
Zephyr and Jewel.jpg

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Poor Giggie, plucking feathers :(
You mean poor Carlton! I believe Giggie's the one who gives him his 'do. :laugh: Carlton is always one of my favorites. His fluffiness always makes me smile. He reminds me of a cute little muppet. :xflove:

webchirp

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
You mean poor Carlton! I believe Giggie's the one who gives him his 'do. :laugh: Carlton is always one of my favorites. His fluffiness always makes me smile. He reminds me of a cute little muppet. :xflove:
Yep! Giggie still keeps him shaved kinda close. Dr. Orosz shakes her head at him every time.

So adorableeeeeee! Poor Giggie, plucking feathers :( Your little sweeties just warm my heart!!! 19 Conures!? It must be Conure-land where you live!
But yes, Giggie is a hot little mess who makes me stress every year now with mutilating too. Lots of meds!

Older babies on meds and you can't see it but Zephyr and Jewel have a metabolic issue where they chunk up. Actually I haven't yet gotten Zephyr under control. Jewel responds too rapidly to the thyroid meds and Zephyr responds so slowly and with four times the amount of meds Jewel gets. Sigh...

webchirp

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Lol I thought Carlton was fledging!!!! :rofl: Now I feel sorry for everyone on meds and with missing feathers! :(
Awww don't feel bad. They are doing as well as expected and I'm known for taking in the sick and old when possible.

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
I bought several new toys for xmas, which, because I wanted to be fair, ended up being sets of 3 of the same toy! I am also hoping to work on a better set up for Peppy and Zippy and I am going to draw up plans for a new duck house.

I bought the chickens from freeze dried, crickets, which they have never tried before. I give them live crickets with they are chicks to work on developing into nice little dinosaurs. So now they can get lazy mode crickets as a special treat :)