• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Parrot breathing problem

chicogcc

Moving in
Hello,

I have a green cheeck conure whit breathing problems. She breathes faster than normal, she also bobs her tail slightly and makes wheezing sounds.

I went to 3 different vets, did the threatment correctly. And she still has the problem.

The last vet took a test and he said that doxycyline is for sure the right antibiotic for the parrot. But no improvement.

Anyone that has experience with breathing problems ?

I don't know what to do anymore, i went to the most recommended vets. Spent alot of money and she did not get better.

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
Im sorry to hear this.
You other thread you said you had a diagnosis of chlamydia. It took 3 rounds. of 45 days doxy, to clear my flock . Re infection is unfortunately common. And extreme cleaning is so important.

You didn't mention eyes this time. Have they eyes improved?

Diet and nutrition really support healt. Is he eating bell pepper cooked sweet potatoes and other veggies as part if his diet?

chicogcc

Moving in
Im sorry to hear this.
You other thread you said you had a diagnosis of chlamydia. It took 3 rounds. of 45 days doxy, to clear my flock . Re infection is unfortunately common. And extreme cleaning is so important.

You didn't mention eyes this time. Have they eyes improved?

Diet and nutrition really support healt. Is he eating bell pepper cooked sweet potatoes and other veggies as part if his diet?
Her eye is better. It isn't swollen anymore, but it still gets watery but very rarely.
I don't mind giving her again doxycyline, because i really did see some improvements. But isn't it bad for her if she has to drink it again for 45 days ?
And she eats her roudybush pellets as her base diet and she also gets veggies daily, and a little bit of fruits. And ofc her treats when she is training etc.

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
Her eye is better. It isn't swollen anymore, but it still gets watery but very rarely.
I don't mind giving her again doxycyline, because i really did see some improvements. But isn't it bad for her if she has to drink it again for 45 days ?
And she eats her roudybush pellets as her base diet and she also gets veggies daily, and a little bit of fruits. And ofc her treats when she is training etc.
Of course consulting with your vet. Could still be chlamydia, could be a different issue.

I just speaking from my experience with chlamydia it was difficult to clear. I did have relapses . My burds did fine on extended treatment. 1 of 7 developed secondary yeast overgrowth and needed antifungal for a week.

chicogcc

Moving in
Ok, thank you.
I guess I'll have spend some more money to the vet for the test etc. I hope she will get better soon.

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
Ok, thank you.
I guess I'll have spend some more money to the vet for the test etc. I hope she will get better soon.
I hope she does too!!

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
If I hadnt shared it with you? This is my long saga dealing with Chlamydia