• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Parrot boarding

Duckduck12

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Rachel
Hello! I am from Arkansas, and I was wondering if anyone had advise on choosing a pet sitter/boarding. I’m planning on painting my bedroom soon, which is where my cockatiels cage is and I’m worried about the fumes of the paint making them sick or killing them.

Thank you!

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hello! I am from Arkansas, and I was wondering if anyone had advise on choosing a pet sitter/boarding. I’m planning on painting my bedroom soon, which is where my cockatiels cage is and I’m worried about the fumes of the paint making them sick or killing them.

Thank you!
I have boarded my birds at the parrot rescue where I adopted one of them. I’ve never been able to find a bird knowledgeable person to care for them in my home. This facility requires a recent well visit and a negative Psittacosis test. They also do not require that the bird’s wings be clipped—which is very important to me.

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I got a family member to help. A well intentioned relative or friend can be trained and would have a vested interest in the bird. :)