• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Parakeets behavior / picky eaters / winning trusts

Isawe

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Isabel
Hello…
I wish if someone could give me advice on how to win the trust of my two parakeets, plus how to stop them from being picky eaters, I know it may take loooong time, but I wish they would feel more relaxed and happy around me, I was never a bird person until I rescued my two other birds that I lost last month… but beside them being picky eaters, I didn’t have any issues winning their trust, or at least my sun conure and green Parakeet. Even though he really never let me touch him, but I swear he never bit me hard!! He was extremely gentle. so I thought doing the same thing with my two other parakeets would be the same, but they don’t trust me at all lol I’m already devastated with the loss of my other two birds, and I need to cuddle partner lol ( I know it sounds selfish but I just want to see them happy and chill, not jumping or flying away whenever I tried to enter the room and check on them).
They really hate everything beside some greens and pellets, I tried nutriberries, Harrisons High Potency Superfine, ZuPreem FruitBlend Flavor Pellets Bird Food for Small Birds but I Don’t Know Hahahaha these are some picky girls.
I would be very thankful if anyone could help me because I hesitated a lot to post this, even though I had my other 2 birds before, I’m still very new to this beautiful and amazing world of birds!! And I don’t want to repeat the same mistake I did with my other two birds. I can’t take them right now to the vet, because I’m waiting for their insurance to get approved, my sun conure ER bill was extremely expensive because I didn’t have any insurance for her. The other bird I didn’t have the chance to bring him to the vet because I found him dead 25 days before my sun conure died…. and because of covid I don’t have a lot money right now…
So it’s embarrassing to say all of this and expose myself over here, but I want to be a better person, gain more knowledge and do the best I can…
I APOLOGIZE FOR THIS LONG MESSAGE LOL :wacky: :xflove:

Attachments