• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures PANDEMIC mice

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
Yup, they are back in my apartment. God darn it. Last night I was getting ready for bed, da€n litte varmint ran over my feet in front of the refrigerator. Did you hear me Screaming:extremeanger::extremeanger:???????
So what am I doing well after midnight setting up snap traps¡¡¡¡ Kitchen, bathroom, near Bebe's cage; which he was not happy about, bedroom. Nothing like hunting down this fast rodent in the dark. Went to bed got up early to search out where the Hades they are getting in 20200507_153625.jpg
Right under the wall where the A/C is. It full of copper mesh and they ate away the plaster. Miserable little varmints. I stuff back the copper and added more. The idiot that repaired that wall years ago put yellow insulation in wall hence NESTING MATERIAL. When they did it, I said not put it in, but I'm just a tenant, what do I know¿¿¿¿¿ Well I'm paying for it now!!!!!!
They finally put these up outside of the buildings, but you have to maintain them for them to work. 20200507_150102-1.jpg
Which they aren't doing.
Bebe is cranky crabby today. But there was no calling cards in his cage today. I did put up the seed catcher again to keep stuff he throws overboard in the cage and tray.

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Hope you get them all! When you clean the droppings up, move Bebe far away if possible, and spray where the droppings are,with one third cup of bleach to one gallon of water. Mice carry hantavirus, you'll need ensure that's out of your house. Please wear a mask and gloves while cleaning this.

WendyN

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
:bighug:

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
The weird thing is I haven't seen droppings anywhere, kitchen or bathroom. I just had one boogie over my feet last night.

green&grey

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Good luck dealing with your mice! I had a mouse problem a few weeks ago too, thankfully it seems all of them have been caught. I think they're cute not in the bird room...

Check the couches! The first one I caught had crawled into a pullout couch and made a home for itself there, thankfully easy to catch there but the cleanup was a mess!

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
23ybkz_kindlephoto-168046368.jpg
cat_with_a_shotgun_kindlephoto-168183021.jpg

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Do what I do when the vermin come in. I get my Red Rider BB gun out and put bait out in plain sight of my recliner. Good target practice and effective.

Wyatt Earp reincarnate!! I'd have to use my shotgun for something that small and that would not work well inside.

PS - Don't forget the whiskey.

OK Mike

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Mike
Wyatt Earp reincarnate!! I'd have to use my shotgun for something that small and that would not work well inside.

PS - Don't forget the whiskey.
I actually do that. I taught instinctive shooting in the Army. I taught it to 2 of my granddaughters using our Red Rider BB guns. Our favorite Spring and Summer pastime on the farm in Alabama was shooting Carpenter Bees in the air off of our wrap around porch. Kill rate was only about 1 for every 8 or 9 shots but it was a whole lot of fun. One granddaughter can hit a quarter flipped in the air at about 10 yards with her BB gun. My wife is pretty good too.

PS - I drink hard cider when I shoot - doesn't make me shake as bad as whiskey!

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
My Grandfather (who had been a government hunter for most of his life) bought a single shot .22 rifle from the Sears catalog for me when I was five years old. He then proceeded to teach me to shoot - he was super strict about safety. I still have that .22 and it still shoots as straight as a dye.

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
My Grandfather (who had been a government hunter for most of his life) bought a single shot .22 rifle from the Sears catalog for me when I was five years old. He then proceeded to teach me to shoot - he was super strict about safety. I still have that .22 and it still shoots as straight as a dye.
Oh, loved sears stuff. Was it the single shot with hexagon barrel??

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Nope round barrel - was bought over 70 years ago. I'll be 80 in two months.

Fergus Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Have you tried anything like these Laurie? I have some kind of these (not this same brand), and I've not seen a mouse in many years, even though some say they do not work, and my old friend who was an exterminator laughed at me.

Attachments

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
Have you tried anything like these Laurie? I have some kind of these (not this same brand), and I've not seen a mouse in many years, even though some say they do not work, and my old friend who was an exterminator laughed at me.
I have one, great night but not worth hoot in Hades for mice. Found calling cards in the darn thing. LOL

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
I have a couple of those around, they seem to work ok for me. Every now and then a stray mouse comes in, so I figured it must be deaf.

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
My mother got me my first Remington .22 when I was 6 with S&H Green stamps. My 41 year old son has it now and it still is as accurate as the day it came out of the box. I missed my old .22 so I bought me a new one 2 years ago.
View attachment 337384
Ahhh, nice! Sure do miss those green stamps. They came in handy.

Fergus Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
I have one, great night but not worth hoot in Hades for mice. Found calling cards in the darn thing. LOL
Well, I have read that you cannot put anything in front of these things - like if they are plugged into a wall in the kitchen, you don't put your coffee pot or toaster in front of it. That will render them useless.

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
Any place that there is copper mesh, stainless steel scrubbies in holes around heat pipes or near baseboard heat they are chewing out the wallboard. Found 2 more places that ate the wall board. Stuff then full of stainless steel scrubbies, and a cotton balls with peppermint oil.