• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Palm foraging tray

Khizz

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I found these eco-friendly disposable plates made from palm at the supermarket. The plates are nicely shreddable, so I thought I'd make a foraging try from it!

IMG_20200803_140948.jpg

IMG_20200803_141803.jpg

The tray has crinkled up paper, foot toys, toy parts, rosemary and millet sprinkles throughout. Perfect for keeping a certain beak or two busy while I'm doing uni work!

Ali

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
I found these eco-friendly disposable plates made from palm at the supermarket. The plates are nicely shreddable, so I thought I'd make a foraging try from it!

View attachment 348489

View attachment 348488

The tray has crinkled up paper, foot toys, toy parts, rosemary and millet sprinkles throughout. Perfect for keeping a certain beak or two busy while I'm doing uni work!
Don't forget the pictures of the little rascals destroying, I mean foraging...

Khizz

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
One thing led to another and they ended up tricking me into having a nap with them instead :rofl: beak grinding is so hypnotising!

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Nice! :starshower1:

Khizz

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

Finally caught her! She loves it! I had to refresh the tray (because of the rosemary) and relocate it to encourage them to use it.

I had the mental image of her standing over the tray, foraging through like all the other birdies I see...but I'm 90% sure she's just gonna either try and flip it or shred her way through the plate :rofl:

Ulis_Beast

Real Name
Doroteja Lenassi
I had the mental image of her standing over the tray, foraging through like all the other birdies I see...but I'm 90% sure she's just gonna either try and flip it or shred her way through the plate :rofl:
You gave it to her, she is entitled by law, to do whatever pleases her with it! ;) :loveit:

Khizz

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
You gave it to her, she is entitled by law, to do whatever pleases her with it! ;) :loveit:
Mabel is a "think outside the box"* type of personality! I won't be impressed if she flips it though because I just gave their cage and the room a thorough clean :rofl:

(or should that be "outside the cage"?!)

Jisoo

Sprinting down the street
great idea! I usually just use a wooden tray for foraging.

Khizz

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I love her foot hands.
She's quite apt with her feet, she even tries to eat with them,although it's incredibly annoying to watch her pick up a nice big piece of veg in her beak, carry it elsewhere and drop it when she's trying to hold it with her feet :rolleyes:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Love the forager!

She's quite apt with her feet, she even tries to eat with them,although it's incredibly annoying to watch her pick up a nice big piece of veg in her beak, carry it elsewhere and drop it when she's trying to hold it with her feet :rolleyes:
If she does this often and is losing food through the grate, get some large place mats, or that clear plastic floor liner, and line on top of the grate so food will be saved and she can climb down and try again.