• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pak o bird xs lesson of the day for me

tattoosiva

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
I have 8 Pak o birds but not all for me, some are for donation. I have smalls, medium, large and 2 xl doubles. Until two weeks ago we had the small travel/airplane carrier that's outfitted for a disabled bird (my Watson).

My A/V has had 2 year old cockatiel up for adoption in his office for three months as she is pretty much plucked bald and has one leg. Pretty much no one wanted her despite with adoption you get reduced to free vet care, a cage, food, toys.

A lady from his Hilo office showed interest and flew to Oahu to meet and greet and they were a great match but she had to take her back to Hilo. One of the vet techs was talking about her when Cuddles was getting his beak trim. I offered my travel carrier that's already set up for a disabled bird.

The problem, it was Watson and Cuddles travel bag to work everyday with my partner. I get worried with Watson even in the small sized one with his seizures. We used a xs kings cage this week but they both seem to dislike as it doesn't offer much privacy but still like seeing whats going and people making a fuss over them.

Sadly they would scream non stop when put inside and had to go into the back office and let out to perch and play on their stand until bingo was over.

I saw a like new xs on Ebay, thought it might be safe alternative, bid and won. It was listed as new and even shipped in the original celltei box.

True to the listing it was like new, in perfect condition and when I opened the box and thought, this is pretty small. When I took it out to clean I realized xs really is xs small. Its like half the size of the small. It was a great deal at $107.00 versus the $195.00 plus $56.00 shipping to Hawaii from celltei.

I really should have paid more attention to the dimensions. Here are some pics of my getting it ready for cleaning and I'll post comparison pics when set up.

20210723_005148.jpg
20210723_005349.jpg
20210723_005151.jpg
20210723_005241.jpg
Lesson learned, xs means xs. Derps on me.

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I almost ordered an xs for the budgie boys, but spoke with the Celltei people before ordering. I'm sorry it's so small! Will it be useable for some member of your flock or will you be re-selling it?

tattoosiva

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
I almost ordered an xs for the budgie boys, but spoke with the Celltei people before ordering. I'm sorry it's so small! Will it be useable for some member of your flock or will you be re-selling it?
Im going to reserve it for single bird vet visits or when my A/V has a disabled lovebird or budgie they are trying to adopt out. We have a lot of backyard breeders in my area who think they will make a fortune selling them and either release them or send them to the humane society to get euthanized. Ringneck breeders are a huge problem also.

MR. Mango

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
I hope everything works out, but you did such a nice thing go I g that lady your own pak o bird ! :swoon:

tattoosiva

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
I hope everything works out, but you did such a nice thing go I g that lady your own pak o bird ! :swoon:
Mahalo, It killed me whenever we would see her but I knew in my heart I couldn't handle 5 birds. She was the sweetest bird and just wanted to cuddle and sing but nobody wanted to adopt a featherles one legged bird. We can't save every bird but we can still help them and if this lady could spend $460 round trip to meet a bird she saw on facebook and provide a home for her, she can have all of my POB"s ( not all, I still need two for my bunch).

I think many thought she had (PBFD) but there was a big sign on her cage that said "PBFD tested negative, tested positive for love!"