• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Painting outside of the house while birds are inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
The owner of the house were in turned up here today and said hes going to be painting the outside of the house in a few weeks. I’m really worried about the fumes, and he knows we’ve got birds.

My mum said that it should be okay if we keep all windows and doors shut though. I don
’t have anywhere else for them to go while he’s painting and I don’t know how long roughly it’s going to take him to paint the whole outside of the house.

So, would they be okay with the windows and doors being shut? I
’ll be putting all the birds in one room while he’s doing this. I could also have a fan (or two) if that would help in any way.

birdlady

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
We just had our exterior painted last summer...I kept all windows closed and locked and there was no odor at all....all birds are ok.

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
They should be fine if you keep everything closed up.

Renae

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Thank goodness the windows have locks! I’m going to be worrying the whole time though, we have two doors where the birds will be - one is to get into the lounge room and the other door is the front door. So I’ll probably need to block them both off.

birdlady

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
Our windows are all newer replacements so they have really strong seals and locks....we didnt' smell a thing.

atvchick95

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kelli
the good thing about painting out side is the fumes will be removed by the wind and it'll linger off some where else where as painting in side it has no where to go and that is why the smell stays for ever (or seems like its forever) when painting inside even when doors/windows are open and fans in windows turned backwards - its different out side

I've painted houses and didn't smell the paint and i was right up on it

but if your worried like others said keep the windows closed, Roll a towel long ways and put at the bottom of the door that goes outside and all will be fine

Status
Not open for further replies.