• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Painting in other rooms?

conureluv

Sprinting down the street
We are using latex paint in my younger sister’s room down the hallway, should I move my bird down to the basement? My parents think not because my vet said it would be fine..I just want to keep my baby safe.

CrazyKozmo

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Rebecca
Unless you are using low or no VOC paint, it will still give off harmful chemicals. The least that you could do is move your bird to the basement and open the windows (but make sure your bird doesn't get cold or have the room drafty).
Merry Christmas!

Donna turner

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Donna
Definitely use no voc paint. It's just as good and much safer. I shut my bird up in other end of house , kept doors shut in between , and put a fan positioned to blow air out the open window in the room being painted. She was just fine. I kept this arrangement for a couple of days after painting was done.

conureluv

Sprinting down the street
I have my door closed in both rooms (including the one being painted) and the fan blowing with open windows in here and with the paint, but I can still smell it and I’m getting really worried. I just want to stay with him to make sure he’s ok; but I know I can’t…