• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Paco passed Jan 5, 2022

Snowghost

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Terri
Thank you. Its been raining and cold and I've just been crying. It's such a comfort here to know that I am not alone.

Snowghost

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Terri
3 Months yesterday, still have his cage up. The silence drives me crazy. I still can't walk by the sweet potatoes or broccoli section. The weekends are the worse. I wish Spring would get here so I can get out of the house more. I still tear up and try to tell myself that won't bring him back. I'm taking my granddaughter to an exotic animal show, and I didn't even think, they will have parrots there. I'm not sure what to do about that. She is 5 and knows Paco is in heaven and doesn't understand heaven but she cried knowing he is gone. He loved Stevie Nicks song, Edge of 17 he would hoot along with her, he was my night bird. He would chatter more when my room mate went to bed at 7 pm.

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Maybe you'll find a new friend to share your love with. When I lost Nerd bird after 31 years together family got me Lurch and it was the best thing for both of us.
When you're ready it will probably happen one way or the other and you'll have a new family member to look after and fill the house with noises again :bluhug:

Snowghost

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Terri
It has been 3 months now. I don't cry as often. I wanted to post earlier but I knew I would tear up. My therapist told me its ok to still talk to him. I am doing better, but sometimes I get caught off guard and will tear up. I put his bell back in his cage. When I bump into it, when I open the curtains in the morning and close them at night it gives me comfort.

I still get angry, he should not have been taken away from me so soon.

People don't realize all my life I've had birds, then children starting at age 20, now I'm 63 and no children, no parrot. The silence makes me crazy sometimes.

I didn't realize I took so many photos of him with my cell phone, he shows up on my memories on my FB page and I have downloaded them. I'm a photography by hobby but he was terrified of my big Canon.

I try to listen to songs on You Tube but once in a while his favorites pop up.

I am forever grateful for the support I have received from each of you.

One day I will have another parrot, just not today.

SumitaSinh

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
It has been 3 months now. I don't cry as often. I wanted to post earlier but I knew I would tear up. My therapist told me its ok to still talk to him. I am doing better, but sometimes I get caught off guard and will tear up. I put his bell back in his cage. When I bump into it, when I open the curtains in the morning and close them at night it gives me comfort.

I still get angry, he should not have been taken away from me so soon.

People don't realize all my life I've had birds, then children starting at age 20, now I'm 63 and no children, no parrot. The silence makes me crazy sometimes.

I didn't realize I took so many photos of him with my cell phone, he shows up on my memories on my FB page and I have downloaded them. I'm a photography by hobby but he was terrified of my big Canon.

I try to listen to songs on You Tube but once in a while his favorites pop up.

I am forever grateful for the support I have received from each of you.

One day I will have another parrot, just not today.
We're always here, whenever you need... Sending you loving thoughts :heart:

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
You will be so glad for all those FB memories popping up someday.
For now, take it slow. Only time heals this kind of pain.

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
It took a long time to get over losing Nerd bird after 31 years of growing up together and being best friends.
Things will still pop up and make me tear up but most of the time they make me smile now. My family got me Lurch because they new I was sad and they all missed Nerd too and it was a good thing for both of us. It was a battle to get him to trust me and stop biting but we got there and I could tell he was happy. Unfortunately he escaped do to a mistake made but Momazon knew everything I went through making Dobby happy and she could no longer keep her beloved Dobby so she figured I'd make the perfect dad for him and gave him to me. I did keep Lurches lost ad up for 5 years just in case and was given Pippen who a guy thought was Lurch so here we are and both of them are happy and healthy. Pippen actually put on 20 grams from 65 to 85 because she's a tiny Green Cheek Conure. Dobby is another Maxi Pionus.
You take the time you need and some deserving bird will come along that needs your help and love I'm sure:bluhug:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
:sadhug2:
Take all the time you need. We are here for you.

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
:bluhug: Its hard but but I'm happy to hear memories are becoming more comforting than painful
You take the time you need and some deserving bird will come along that needs your help and love I'm sure:bluhug:
Well said, I believe that happen too :heart:

Sparkles99

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I feel confident that one day the right bird will manifest itself in your life, when the time is right, & likely in the most unexpected of ways. When he/she does, I recommend you say yes. In the meantime, take your time. :sadhug2:

Snowghost

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Terri
I'm back, today its been 8 months and I still miss my boy. This is the only place that I feel that I can grieve. I still have his cage up and cry just thinking o f him being there. I feel if I take it down, the empty space will remind me that he is really gone and I have moved on. I guess I just haven't gotten that far in my grief process. I know I gave him the best life. I guess it will take me a little longer to get through this. I thought it wouldn't take this long. Thank you for everyone's support. I read over all of the comforting words from everyone. Thank you.

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm so sorry Terri. :sadhug2: It's just heartbreaking.

If it were me I might want to put away the cage. From personal experience my sister passed away a year ago and I had the pillow that she used during chemo on my bed. Honestly it ruined every morning til I finally packed it away. I think of her all the time but somehow seeing the pillow just was too much.

Snowghost

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Terri
I'm so sorry Terri. :sadhug2: It's just heartbreaking.

If it were me I might want to put away the cage. From personal experience my sister passed away a year ago and I had the pillow that she used during chemo on my bed. Honestly it ruined every morning til I finally packed it away. I think of her all the time but somehow seeing the pillow just was too much.
Actually when I close the curtains, or maybe its him, when I hear the tinkle of his cylindrical bell it now gives me comfort. I have reduced talking to him at sometimes. They say time will heal your pain. I will just have to be patient with myself. Thank you for your kind words.

SumitaSinh

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I can feel your pain. Sending you loving thoughts....