• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Paco is progressing! Still need advice...

Snowghost

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Terri
Now that has to be a sight to see, him stepping up backwards!!!

Snowghost

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Terri
Haven't checked in on posts lately. This shutdown has my emotions all over the place. Of course Paco is loving it that I am home all day. He is getting more and more used to me. We have progressed to no biting now when he steps up. I did get a pinch or two, I really have to allow time before I ask him to step up, if he senses any tension it doesn't go well. I now walk him to my bed with him on my arm in an attempt to enlarge is space more, I hate think his world is the corner of the room. He was nervous at first but is more calm now.

Question, this picky bird was hard to get on a healthy diet, he is doing great, loves his cauliflower rice, broccoli, carrots, corn, strawberries, a sweet potato now and then.

He is crazy about broccoli, I use a frozen mix and warm it up. If I give him any broccoli he ignores the rest. Can too much of one vegetable be harmful? He likes the carrots too. Stinker has to be hand fed too! But our bond is getting stronger!

BertAllen

Real Name
Dave
Sounds like things are moving along nicely for you two.